Air bnb in Fairbanks for caribou processing

Wireman07

WKR
Hey everyone, I'm trying to gather some info for an air bnb in Fairbanks for next August caribou hunt. Looking for a place that maybe has a garage or somewhere to butcher a caribou if we get lucky. Also would be nice to have a deep freezer along with a fridge/freezer. Can anyone hook me up? Thanks!

They aren’t much bigger than a mule deer. You don’t need some huge space. I've done all mine on the kitchen table/island. I would be willing to bet, broken down and boned out you could fit one in a normal fridge/freezer found in most home kitchens.

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

WKR
I know there not very big, but there could be potentially 4 caribou, hence the reason why I was looking for a deep freeze as well as a fridge/freezer. I will just have to do some calling around. Thanks

A buddy and I got lucky and doubled this year. Made the trip all the way down to Anchorage before deboning. If you are limited in freezer options, check with hotels as they might have cheap/flat rate for use of their walk-in. Good luck!

Ono

FNG
There are certain hotels in Fairbanks with ground floor suites that have full sized fridge/freezer and kitchen....just sayin.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most AirB&B options are residential and it's commonplace for Alaskans to be processing meat out in the driveway or under a carport. In a pinch buy a cheap folding table at walmart and getter done. Just act like you know what you're doing and no one will question ya, IMO.

keller

WKR
Split the cost of a freezer easier than looking for or renting freezer space

PRSHunter

FNG
Hey everyone, I'm trying to gather some info for an air bnb in Fairbanks for next August caribou hunt. Looking for a place that maybe has a garage or somewhere to butcher a caribou if we get lucky. Also would be nice to have a deep freezer along with a fridge/freezer. Can anyone hook me up? Thanks!
We can chat about this more in your other thread if you prefer - but as I devour more of the recent Caribou posts I've missed since my Aug'23 hunt I saw your post.

Are you planning on flying into Fairbanks? Or just looking for some place in Fairbanks to process meat before flying out of Anchorage?

Depending on timing in August, my garage and some freezer space may be available. I believe there are a few hotels in the area that have freezer space available, too. Pikes is coming to mind, but don't quote me.
I'll throw in on this offer too. I'm in Wasilla though, not Fairbanks. Gotta pass by Wasilla to go from Fairbanks to Anchorage though.