Aluminum wall tent poles?

11boo

WKR
Anyone done it? Replaced the 1” EMT with 1” aluminum, use existing steel angles.

Montana canvas gets them somewhere.

IMG_4483.jpeg

I just looked up aluminum tubing. Not finding a matching OD in aluminum. Either 1/8th undersize or 1/16th over. And it would be close to 1k dollars, eek.

Theres a guy nearby selling a 10x12 Montana canvas in nice shape, 1500 complete. That might be the ticket.

Last edited:
I see you're in Junction. Davis Tent out of Denver does custom pole runs sometimes. It might not work, but I'd give them a call to see.

Hey All,

We have aluminum EMT -- looks like you are running an 8x10 in the picture.

If it is indeed an 8x10 - 3 Rafter and you want to re-use your angles, we could set you up with 1" aluminum EMT poles for $325 - no tax and free shipping.

Feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Tyler - www.walltentshop.com
Dang, I was about to give up. You have a new customer Tyler, Thank you.
It is a 10x12 but that won’t matter even if it’s more $.

How much for a 14x16 4 rafter? You cut versus I cut?
If you are needing the poles and angle brackets, the cost is $750.

If you are just replacing the poles, the cost is $550.

This material comes in 10' lengths and we cannot ship that through UPS, so our only option is to send it cut to your specified lengths.

Thanks for the quote. Steel is heavy.....but I already have it so I guess I'll just keep carrying around the steel ones. Glad I bought it in 2021 before 1" EMT doubled in price.

If you are needing the poles and angle brackets, the cost is $750.

If you are just replacing the poles, the cost is $550.

This material comes in 10' lengths and we cannot ship that through UPS, so our only option is to send it cut to your specified lengths.
Tyler, do you have an idea of what the weight savings would be going from steel to aluminum on say a 14x16 tent? Any option for a traditional pole system?

Tyler, do you have an idea of what the weight savings would be going from steel to aluminum on say a 14x16 tent? Any option for a traditional pole system?
The aluminum weigh approximately half as much. We list the steel poles for our 14x16 at 115 lb and the aluminum poles at 66 lb.

We do not offer any other sort of framing system.

Diameters may be an issue but I used a concrete screed pole in a single pole tipi type canvas tent. It is generally very high tensile anodized quality tubing. Bought some at Menards and modified. an industrial supply house may have quite a variety.

Tyler at the wall tent shop has been very responsive to my questions.
Yes it is a spendy upgrade but I’m doing it. You can price out 1” aluminum EMT and cut your own, and you’ll still be at about the same price.

I will update once I receive them.

Yes, It was an $$ upgrade. Should’ve done it years ago. So light.

Wall tent shop cut them exactly to length, packed well and no damage.IMG_7877.jpeg

Pretty cool ribbed conduit. This stuff is light.

No burrs or sharp edges on the cuts. @Tyler Beck , well done.

Last edited:
IMG_8086.jpegI’ll give an update. The Al poles were perfect. Tent was up all last September, no issues at all. Really nice losing all that weight, and the canvas pole bag is worthwhile, well made and one guy can easily pick it up .

I did a backyard setup and did some color coding.

Attachments

• IMG_8171.jpeg
    IMG_8171.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 13
Back