Ambler Road Alaska

KingGus

WKR
Classified Approved
Something to keep in mind all: if it's not grown, it comes out of the ground, and by locking up our resources, we essentially outsource our mining jobs overseas to countries with lower environmental standards.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Roger that KingGus. I've got all the new tech that require minerals and metals. I get it.

There are many places that have to be mined against public approval, perhaps. There are also places worth more to thousands of people NOT to mine and where exists tangible delicate resources worth protecting and certainly worth opposing. That is the Ambler Road proposal area.

IF Alaska had its own smelting and processing plants and kept the spoils INSIDE the US, then maybe a new mine corridor across Alaska would be a wise move. But this project doesn't fit and doesn't belong where it is proposed to be constructed, and it certainly will destroy the generational values it currently satisfies.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On the fight opposed to the Ambler Road project:

Dear Hunters & Anglers for the Brooks Range partners:

I’m writing to share exciting news: This morning, the Bureau of Land Management issued a final environmental analysis for the proposed Ambler Industrial Road, which indicates the agency’s intent to deny the construction of this project.

While this is not the final step—the BLM will issue a decision later this year—the hunting and fishing community should be proud of our positive influence on the BLM’s decision-making process. Thank you so much for your efforts!

Nearly 10,000 hunters and anglers have spoken out against the proposed Ambler Industrial Road and in favor of maintaining the remote character of Alaska’s Brooks Range. Our collective voices have helped the BLM determine that the risks of the proposed Ambler Road far outweigh any benefits, as indicated by the agency’s “No Action” finding in the Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement.

Our most important work is still ahead. It is essential that the agency continues to hear from sportsmen and sportswomen in the coming weeks to secure a conservation victory for the Brooks Range this year.

To leverage this exciting momentum, we’re asking our partners to help celebrate this milestone and urge your supporters, clients, and customers to sign our ongoing petition by April 30.

We’ve prepared an updated toolkit with everything you might need to spread the word, including draft emails, social media posts, messaging guidance, and photos. CLICK HERE for the toolkit.

If you are only able to do one thing before April 30, sending an email directly to your supporters—encouraging them to sign the Hunters & Anglers for the Brooks Range petition—would make the biggest impact.

If you have any questions or need more support developing content for your brand, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Congratulations to everyone for reaching this critical milestone! We appreciate your continued support of Alaska’s Brooks Range.

Best,

Jen

--

Jen Leahy
Alaska Senior Program Manager
Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
(907) 422-7635
www.trcp.org