Anyone have experience with Black Diamond storm 500 R headlamp?

Austink47

WKR
I am in the market for a rechargeable headlamp. I have used the BD storm (battery version) for years with zero issues, but batteries are expensive and I am sick of buying batteries at gas stations in little podunk towns before I head up into the hills. If the battery life is anything close to what they claim I am okay with the weight.

Just curious if anyone has thrown one off a cliff, or at least taken one on a few hunts.

Pdzoller

WKR
I used to use the black diamond and really have no complaints. My coworker turned me on to the Fenix headlamp though. After a side by side comparison during a long night of cutting trees during an ice storm I was sold.

This is a smoking deal on the same headlamp that I currently use.

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
I used to use the black diamond and really have no complaints. My coworker turned me on to the Fenix headlamp though. After a side by side comparison during a long night of cutting trees during an ice storm I was sold.

This is a smoking deal on the same headlamp that I currently use.

Interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I'm also a Fenix fan. Biggest issue is the red light on the hl60 sucks. For early morning hunting I pull out my Princeton tec.

JjamesIII

WKR
I like having the batteries over rechargeables. You run them down and are back in the game quickly. They are expensive if you are using the light a lot. I buy the Amazon brand batteries in bulk boxes to address the cost issue. That’s an option to consider

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Fenix. I have the Black Diamond you mention as well, and I like it, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

Austink47

WKR
Thanks for all the input. I am looking into the fenix. I expected nitecore to be recommended.