Anyone wish they didn’t fletch their own arrows?

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
I have just found that my re-fletched arrows are not as durable as arrows I bought. I'm going to try some different glue, but I might try the easyvanes from above too. They look interesting.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
For me it's turned into an addictive side hobby and I just enjoy playing around with various color, size, and orientation configurations. 😀
I greatly resemble this comment.

I personally don't mess around with Spine aligning my shafts. I can't shoot good enough for it to matter, maybe when I can shoot like John Dudley I will try again.
You'd be surprised how much turning the nock can affect where an arrow will land, it might make you see some tighter groups if you give it a try. You may be a better shot than you realize, it really can make quite a difference.

I recently refletched a set of arrows. Dummy me forgot to mark where the indicator vane was on the first arrow after I had already stripped it. I was shooting yesterday and that one arrow was hitting low and right in comparison to the rest, very noticeable amount, a good 4" different at 40 yards. I had done a 4 fletch on them, so I rotated the nock to the next gap and shot them all again. Still wasn't hitting with the group, so I rotated it to the next gap. That was the ticket. It shot with the group consistently for the rest of my range time. Rotating the nock 180° made all the difference.

Nock tuning is one of the main reasons I like fletching my own arrows. I don't bother shooting them through paper or doing anything before fletching them, I just fletch them with all the same color of vanes (or sometimes 3 different color of vanes). Then I nock tune them afterwards. After nock/group tuning, I will mark a vane so that I have a visual indicator of orientation (I number my arrows so I usually write a number on the vane, but a simple line works too), along with always having the raised line on the nock oriented towards me every time.