Archery Range Games To Play With Your Friends

Hey all,

Just wanted to share some pictures of some range games that my archery friends/family and I play. We have started shooting weekly and at the end of each session, we usually shoot some type of game. Most people shoot better when we are actually competing so I feel like it is decent practice.

Do you play any games at the range?

Money game (8 1/2 by 11) at 30 yards:
PXL_20230713_024630503.MP.jpg

Skee Ball (11x17) at 50 yards:

*I made this file in publisher and can share it if anyone wants it as PDF*
PXL_20230725_024833040.MP.jpg PXL_20230725_021937689.MP.jpg

Have a great season!

LostArra

WKR
Hey all,

Just wanted to share some pictures of some range games that my archery friends/family and I play. We have started shooting weekly and at the end of each session, we usually shoot some type of game. Most people shoot better when we are actually competing so I feel like it is decent practice.

Do you play any games at the range?

Money game (8 1/2 by 11) at 30 yards:
View attachment 580161

Skee Ball (11x17) at 50 yards:

*I made this file in publisher and can share it if anyone wants it as PDF*
View attachment 580162 View attachment 580163

Have a great season!
I love archery games.
We play similar money game with Vegas targets from the ground and 3D deer and hog targets from a treestand.

Mallard sounds like loads of fun. I'd make sure he always shoots first. :)

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
We used to fold a dollar bill up to where it was just Washington's face. Whoever hit it, got the dollar.

87TT

WKR
OGC.3f93d5efe1cfbd4cb372e1d9365e27db

JK

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We like playing horse with arrows. Call your shot wherever that may be on the 3D target or even static range, and the other follows suit. (Which is why I hit a steel T-post several years ago at 50 yards trying to snake the arrow through a 2" angled opening into the 60 yard bullseye behind the 50 target......and the arrow survived.....FP mushroomed). But we definitely enjoy busting each others arrows, nocks, and fletching. On the 3D range we'll pick some really severe angles or shoot through brush or tiny openings from long range. Whatever it takes, just make the shot. We don't care much for the short stuff.

nphunter

WKR
We like playing horse with arrows. Call your shot wherever that may be on the 3D target or even static range, and the other follows suit. (Which is why I hit a steel T-post several years ago at 50 yards trying to snake the arrow through a 2" angled opening into the 60 yard bullseye behind the 50 target......and the arrow survived.....FP mushroomed). But we definitely enjoy busting each others arrows, nocks, and fletching. On the 3D range we'll pick some really severe angles or shoot through brush or tiny openings from long range. Whatever it takes, just make the shot. We don't care much for the short stuff.

We play horse/pig the same way, my kids really enjoy it, I normally grab my recurve and they use their compounds and it makes it pretty challenging for me. We've also played in pretty large groups which can be fun.

I've entered smoker shoots which are fun and could be played by friends, rules are 1 arrow and unmarked shots from either long distances or weird shooting positions. At the end the person with the highest score and that still has an arrow wins, if you lose your arrow you don't get a score. You can pack things like nocks and tips incase you have to dig an arrow from a tree and you only get 60 seconds to look for your arrow once everyone shoots, if you can't find it you're out.

Shooting through steel is also fun, 1 arrow is allowed and the last arrow standing wins, start at 20 through a 5" hole and keep backing up 10 yards at a time until 1 person remains. (This one can get expensive)

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I've played a fun one where everyone shoots at their own individual piece of paper and if you hit it, you move to the next round where the paper is teared/folded in half. Keep repeating until there is only one shooter left who hits their paper. Can also do it with rounds of 3 arrows and each arrow you put on the paper can be used in the next round.

Golf tees, balloons, ping pong ball suspended by string and tape, shooting at one another’s knocks, animal crackers are fun too a piece of 550 cord a small 3d target you can make a mover easily enough. If you’re really feeling cocky a pong ball held up by the blow side of a shop vac is a surprisingly fun one but you’ll need a little fixture to hold everything vertical.

bruno747

FNG
Used to hang dollar bills from fishing string and shoot broadheads at the strings, whoever cuts the string gets the dollar. Higher the dollar value the further the distance.

rclouse79

WKR
Some of these sound fun. Out of my two main hunting buddies, one has a bad shoulder and the other shoots trad. Time to make some new shooting buddies.

LFC911

WKR
We play darts...we have a 2'x2' piece of mesh with a dart board printed on it. We put it out at 30 yards and play for $1

Warmsy

WKR
I set up 20 Numbered stakes all over the back forty. There's some fruit trees, a ravine, a swamp, and forest. Roll 2 20-sides dice. One is shooter position, other is target position. Person that didn't roll sets the foam target. Can obscure it, hang it in a tree, etc. Can call wind direction. If shooter can't see target they have to sneak/glass and get into position. Good hunting practice.