Bags and Training Skills

ja4wheel6

FNG
Okay i have everything up to snuff from a component and dope etc. I am nowwww needing to dive deep into making myself better. Where do I start? What sand bag should I get? Any good training videos out there? I have a nice range at the house built. goes to 600 yds. I will be acquiring a training rifle soon. for now i will be using a 22 and my 7prc

Seems you should acquire the training rifle and immediately take a precision rifle class near you. That'd be by far the best start you can have.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Find a .22 NRL match near you, take your .22 and see what they do to build positional shooting. Go for the fun and ask people about their gear and ask to borrow it. They will be happy to do it. Go shoot a bunch of matches with what you have and make it about learning and fun.

IMO, spend the money on a training course before you buy a training rifle. I got the opportunity to train with Evolved Ballistics in Texas with Paul Butler. And, train with some other very shooters and pros.

Shoot2Hunt looks like a practical training. @Ryan Avery

You would be better off doing that and then burning out the barrel of the rifle you will hunt with and using your .22 for positional.

I regret spending money on a trainer, because I should have trained earlier to learn the rifle I was hunting with.

Fear the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Barrels are tires, put some mileage on your actual rifle. You may come to realize you want a different caliber. You may want a different stock, etc.

I don’t think a shooter should buy a trainer until they get trained and actually shoot out their first barrel on their hunting rifle.

Your actual rifle and .22 are all you need. The typical advice is get a trainer. I think you are better off putting that money somewhere else first, like ammo for your hunting rifle and a second barrel.

If you have limited funds and want the trainer, then Modern Day Sniper is a good online place to learn. They are about the practical rifleman and fundamentals. Snipers Hide also has a video section and training.

Look at @Formidilosus post about training and practice.

If you wanted to talk at all, PM me and I will give you my cell phone to answer questions. I will also put in a plug for our bags and the purpose we make them for. I have made bags for 40 pound ELR guns, precision rifle, and ultralight bags for back country hunters.

If you are in AZ, we can meet up at the range I you can sample bags and have some fun.