Barnes TMZ are they discontinued

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been searching high and low for 50 cal Barnes TMZ 290grn for the last year and cannot seem to find any. Does anyone know if they discontinued or just part of the ammo shortag?

Just scarce I think. Sierra bought Barnes last year, I heard - could be part of the problem.

This place claims to have them online.

99A01D76-B0C9-4159-8FB0-86DFFCD806C4.jpeg

Have you tried the 290 TEZs? They’re still easy to find. Different sabot and non-boattail but otherwise the same bullet.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking for the 290 TMZ's as well. No luck. I did see them available at Optics and Ammo (site above), but did a little research and that site had some red flags - shows in-stock but things aren't really in stock and you don't know until after you place your order. I could be wrong, but just beware. I have switched to the TEZ bullets now. They are easy to find.

OP
M

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I saw the optics and ammo site as well but as mentioned there was allot of red flags. I tried calling the number and it was either inoperable or not answered, don’t recall which

Just scarce I think. Sierra bought Barnes last year, I heard - could be part of the problem.

This place claims to have them online.

View attachment 499429

Have you tried the 290 TEZs? They’re still easy to find. Different sabot and non-boattail but otherwise the same bullet.
I honestly like the TEZs better, they group better for me then the boat tail TMZs. I Chuck the Barnes sabots and use Harvester Crush Ribs.