Bear Skull Euro - Degrease?

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't done a bear skull, but just did a pig skull which has to be just as greasy if not more and the Dawn dish soap simmer a few times did the trick.

bascheman

FNG
I've used peroxide from the local beauty shop 1:3 with water at a simmer for about 15 minutes with good success on hogs.

Krolly

FNG
Many methods out there. I like a lot of taxidermist prefer the maceration method. I use a 1500w bucket heater. I have a thermostat on my tank and keep it just over 100 deg. It will heat a small bucket or 50 gallon tank. You don’t want it to cook, should more rot off. Takes a few days to a week for the rough clean. I add dawn to the tank after cleaning for a few days to a week. Bears are not as greasy as pig skulls. A lot of aquarium heaters and stock tank heaters don’t get hot enough.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Check out white bone creations on the YouTube, he has a lot of great info IMO. I'll be utilizing his ideas with acetone and peroxide on my two whitetails and moose when the beetles are done with them.

Just like my deer, I put on a low "boil" with oxyclean and a tablespoon of dawn dish soap and pressure wash every 4 hours over the course of 12 hours.

Every time I fill the water up I let it spill over the top so that the oils and grease leave the pot.

Costs about $10 in propane.

I dry all my heads and then paint them with white spray-paint so I don't worry about any yellowing.