Best method for carrying a climber.

CGC

FNG
I have a kifaru 44 mag with a meat shelf and a kifaru 14'r. I hunt with a cougar claw climbing tree stand. I plan to hunt in an area where I would have to hike in about a mile.

Just wondering what would be more comfortable or how would you recommend I carry/pack this treestand.

I was thinking of putting the stand in the meat shelf of the 44 mag or buying some xop straps, and connecting those to the treestand and then the 14'r to the back of the stand. I will be carrying some extra layers of clothing for the winter hunts.

adamm88

WKR
Grab it or Sherman, i use a striker xl and carryon that, i dont think id want to carry a stand by choice on a regular meat shelf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
What worked best for me was getting a MR pop up. Can handle a lock on with sticks and a quartered WT no problem. Used in similar distances, from a couple hundred yards to 1.5 miles. What I liked it is I could get everything compressed and secured and wouldn’t have stuff bouncing around.

Living in NY. Treestand hunting is my life. I have tried everything. The best option for me was to put shoulder straps on the undersides my stand. Then have my small pack hooked onto the stand. I just bought a set of military shoulder straps off ebay.

Kifaru Sherma and/or Stryker on Duplex frame. Been using it for a few years now and can’t think of a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tracker12

WKR
Get Molle strap and waist belt and put it on your Stand. Strap a small fanny or pack to it.

ohoopee

WKR
"The best option for me was to put shoulder straps on the undersides my stand. Then have my small pack hooked onto the stand."

This is what I have done for years. I use a fanny pack and hang a 7oz silpoly bag
to carry extra layers off of the back of a LW tree stand.

grfox92

WKR
Living in NY. Treestand hunting is my life. I have tried everything. The best option for me was to put shoulder straps on the undersides my stand. Then have my small pack hooked onto the stand. I just bought a set of military shoulder straps off ebay.
I've never had luck strapping a tree stand to a pack, I also spent 25 years hunting out of tree stands in NY.

Get army surplus ALICE backpack straps or get an ALICE pack frame with waist belt and straps, zip tie that to the bottom of your stand, strap your backpack to the stand with bungees.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Same thing I do. This is probably the least expensive option as well.

WoodBow

WKR
I'm with the other guys. Strapping them to a bag sucks. Strapping to a frame is ok but not great. Attaching shoulder straps and a belt to the stand is money.

I despise climbers for many reasons. But how poorly they carry is very high on the list.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a Buckshot Bigshot climber for almost 30yrs. I got the K4 last year and figured out how I wanted to carry it. I put the crib panel on the fram for carrying out quartered meat. I use the bag straps to strap the stand to the frame. I used the rifle carrier in the center. The center bag straps are the fine tuning for tightening up the stand and to hold the rifle to the bag/stand. The stand is naturally wide but it carries so well. I like the frame because it keeps the stand from hitting me in the head. I’ve tested carrying out meat with the stand by putting a 50lb concrete bag in the crib panel and covering it with the stand. Works great. I have used this to go 2.5mi back in the SC mtns and other public lands.

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 14

Dcr54682

FNG
I’m trying saddle hunting SRT with saddle rope and platform only. Hoping to shed at least 15 lbs or more on a net basis. Age has overtaken my desire to haul that much weight. That said my dad at 79 hauled his all steel climber a few hundred yards and hunted.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Best option I've found is a climber with backpack straps and fanny pack, strap jacket to the climber.

JD Jones

WKR
Straps on the stand and attach bag(s) and sticks to stand. Best way to do it. I did try the MR popup for a season… hated that pack tbh but I know others who like it