Bikini Belt Straps

How many straps are on the bikini belt that go to the frame? Is there supposed to be one to the shoulder straps and 2 to the frame on each side? I ask because I just got a new belt and there are only 2 straps on each side. I am pretty sure the one I sent back had 3 on each side.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The new belts have 1 delta strap instead of 2.

The position of the delta/stabilizer strap has also moved to a different position.

So you have the correct belt.

Attach the strap on the belt to the bottom position on the pack or frame.

OP
MuleyFever
Thanks Aron. Man was I disapointed when I looked at it thinking it was wrong. This is my 3rd belt replacement and I was thinking I would have to send it back again. To clarify, I am not disapointed in Kifaru. The customer service I have received has been absolutly great, no complaints. I was just having trouble with belts and want to be done with belt issues. Again, very impressed with the effort from Kifaru to make sure I was happy with my pack.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some users had issues if over tightening the Delta straps (the upper was the biggest issue) and causing the lumbar pad to give to much pressure. You could also tighten the Delta straps enough to cause the belt to pinch and start to sag under heavy loads if not used correctly.

We Delta/Stabilizer straps is no in the center of the belt and will attach to the bottom tension lock that already exists on your pack. This also allows for easier use of the belt pouches and is a bit less strappy as well.

We started testing this about a year ago and in most of my photos over the last couple years only have one Delta.

So the new belts and packs will be coming with the one strap in the center of the belt and it has moved back more towards the actual pack.

Hope that makes sense.
Aron, why the change?

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
Some users had issues if over tightening the Delta straps (the upper was the biggest issue) and causing the lumbar pad to give to much pressure. You could also tighten the Delta straps enough to cause the belt to pinch and start to sag under heavy loads if not used correctly.

We Delta/Stabilizer straps is no in the center of the belt and will attach to the bottom tension lock that already exists on your pack. This also allows for easier use of the belt pouches and is a bit less strappy as well.

We started testing this about a year ago and in most of my photos over the last couple years only have one Delta.

So the new belts and packs will be coming with the one strap in the center of the belt and it has moved back more towards the actual pack.

Hope that makes sense.

makes perfect sense man, thanks! I had been wondering since I swapped out my worn out lumbar pad last summer why my pack was all of a sudden so fussy about how I had the delta straps tightened. I ended up loosening the top most of the way and just using the bottom.

Hope that makes sense.
Is this just for larger bag/frames, or all packs including the "omni" line?