Bino harness - SG Skyline vs Marsupial enclosed?

I’ve had it narrowed down to these two for a bit but can’t seem to pull the trigger on either - anyone with insight on both? I’ve been leaning toward the SG so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did not care for the stone, i hate the little clips on the shoulder straps (can't get the harness as high as i like, and they occasionally pop open hopping off a log or something, and you feel the weight of your binos with that harness more than any other i've used.) you might like it, but it was my least favorite... it has potential, i thought it was going to be the "one"

i am in the market as well, i haven't found the perfect harness, but my OV has been my favorite... i'm torn between the gen 2 and marsupial

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Marsupial and I can’t say enough good things. I’ve tried the SG on in stores and I did not like it at all. The straps are too close together and rubbed my neck strangely.

lintond

WKR
I’ve had both and currently still have the Marsupial for use with my SLC 10x42. I have the newer non-magnetic version of the marsupial. The SG is good for somebody looking for light weight & minimalistic. A few things I didn’t like was the side pockets were a bit too tight to easily slide call/wind checker in & out. It also didn’t hold its shape as well as the Marsupial so sometimes putting the binos back wasn’t as easy as hoped. One thing I changed on the SG was switching out the buckles for auto lock so it didn’t loosen. I also added a 2nd bino tether since the SG only comes with one.

The enclosed Marsupial fits really well, especially with their buckle delete kit, which I think is a must. The huge auto lock buckles are completely unnecessary and do not allow for enough adjustment, as well as being uncomfortable. The Marsupial offers far more padded protection for my Swaro NL’s. (Size small enclosed marsupial and 10x32 NL’s with headrest) I would have a hard time feeling comfortable setting the harness down on rocky ground when I take it off with the SG, as there is literally no protection other than the fabric.
The SG is certainly light and the fabric would dry out quickly. The Marsupial can stay wet for a long time if allowed to get soaked. I’m all about being ultra light, but only where it makes sense, and in this case, the 4 oz weight savings of the SG is just not worth it to me.

700MtnMan

FNG
I use the SG bino harness and rangefinder pocket and really like it, light and compact. The harness straps have worked well for me and a bottle of wind checker seems to fit fine in the side stretch pockets. I really like how easily it is to operate one handed. I also usually run either bear spray or a pistol on the bottom. I haven't tried the Marsupial, looks like a nice setup but does appear to be a little more bulky IMO.

I’ve had both and currently still have the Marsupial for use with my SLC 10x42. I have the newer non-magnetic version of the marsupial. The SG is good for somebody looking for light weight & minimalistic. A few things I didn’t like was the side pockets were a bit too tight to easily slide call/wind checker in & out. It also didn’t hold its shape as well as the Marsupial so sometimes putting the binos back wasn’t as easy as hoped. One thing I changed on the SG was switching out the buckles for auto lock so it didn’t loosen. I also added a 2nd bino tether since the SG only comes with one.

How well does the non-magnetic version open and close work? Still and easy one handed operation?

lintond

WKR
How well does the non-magnetic version open and close work? Still and easy one handed operation?

It’s the same function as the SG. No issue with a single hand. Because of the additional padding and structure of the marsupial the lid opens into two positions.

I avoid the magnet closure because I had an OV that magnets shut and noticed it messed with my phone compass. If I extended my arms out I could see my OnX rotate about 10 deg

sr80

WKR
I dont have any experience with the marsupial enclosed one, but got the SG one recently. Ive only used it a few times and i really like it so far. Took a bit to get setup. But nice and compact, quiet and easy to get my binos in and out with the way the back panel is shaped. The little clips that hold the binos to the tether will take a bit of getting used to. I also switched to auto lock buckles on the sides which isnt a big deal since i have tons of extra buckles. The side pockets hold my wind checker just fine. Before this i had a kuiu pro harness, which was fine but didnt care for the logo on the front!:p:p

roborob

FNG
I haven't tried the SG kit yet but I love my marsupial gear ones. The side pockets are a little tight but I usually keep my tripod adapter in one of them and it works well for that. I only wish I had sized up on it as now I'm considering a larger pair of binos but they wouldn't fit.

I have the enclosed marsupial and it worked great for me this season. Non magnetic is easy to open one handed with gloves on.

Juneau07

FNG
I have the stone glacier pack with range finder pouch. I like it but it’s not perfect. The pack doesn’t always hold its shape so it’s a two handed operation sometimes. The range finder can be tough to get back in while holding a rifle in one hand. I’m running Mavens in mine which are large for the pack, so that could be part of the problem. I’ve never tried the marsupial, but they look nice.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
For what it’s worth - I went ahead and ordered the SG harness and rangefinder pouch to see how I liked it.

I’ve had a chance to wear it on some shorter 3-4 mile hikes to see how it rides/feels under my pack, and overall, very pleased. Straps felt reasonably comfortable and during the hikes it wasn’t noticeable or bulky feeling. Maybe this would change with a heavier set but my 10x42s felt fine.

I also like how the binoculars fit into the harness and how adjustable the hood is which ensures a snug fit. I’m about 6’5 and 195 and the straps (when adjusted) felt fine and I had no problems with rubbing.

A few factors motivated me here:
-Waterproof
-Lightweight
-Aesthetically my favorite of what’s on the market
-Non-magnetic hood
-leashes for optics

Maybe I’ll try the marsupial out at a later date, but this checks all of my boxes so far and I’m excited to take it into the backcountry.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had it narrowed down to these two for a bit but can’t seem to pull the trigger on either - anyone with insight on both? I’ve been leaning toward the SG so far.

What did you decide?
I’m in the same boat but I also have ADAK on list but would like some more feedback from the crew on here.

68Plexi

WKR
Haven’t tried the SG, but I’ve owned a KUIU, Outdoor Vision, cheap Vortex and enclosed Marsupial.

Couldn’t be happier than I am with the Marsupial. Buckle delete kit suggested as well.

clint6760

FNG
I have bought and tried the ADAK, Sitka mountain harness, outdoor vision ridge top, and marsupial enclosed. I have sold them all except the marsupial and don’t see trying any others.