Bino harness should be under $100. Change my mind.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It is pretty hilarious how people peg to a dollar number without anything to compare it to. In 1950 an E1 made $80.00 a month and a Ford F1 (precursor to the F150) cost $1,287.00 or 16 months pay. As of right now an E1 makes $1,918.00 a month and a base F150 costs $34,585.00 or 18 months pay. Considering how much more one gets in a base F150 compared to an F1 that is practically no change in purchasing power.

Don't peg a dollar amount, rather peg to how long you would have to work to earn an item. I think less than a days wages is reasonable for a bino harness. It is also fare for the person who makes it to be able to pay for one on less than a days wages.

Too many people want today's wages and yesterday's price.

Drenalin

WKR
No such thing as a perfect bino harness. Bigfoot told me so.
My current one is made from two different harnesses cut and sewed together with a homemade bungee latch made from a bootlace hook. Two years and haven’t found one I like better at any cost.
I’d love to see a photo of what you came up with for this. My bino harness is an FHF with the Rick Young bungee instead of the factory straps.

Drenalin

WKR
Lots of bino harnesses available under $100, some new (Rick Young, Alps, Bino Bro) and many others used (FHF and AGC pretty regularly). Decide what features you want and what you’re willing to pay, then shop patiently.

Rob5589

WKR
It is pretty hilarious how people peg to a dollar number without anything to compare it to. In 1950 an E1 made $80.00 a month and a Ford F1 (precursor to the F150) cost $1,287.00 or 16 months pay. As of right now an E1 makes $1,918.00 a month and a base F150 costs $34,585.00 or 18 months pay. Considering how much more one gets in a base F150 compared to an F1 that is practically no change in purchasing power.

Don't peg a dollar amount, rather peg to how long you would have to work to earn an item. I think less than a days wages is reasonable for a bino harness. It is also fare for the person who makes it to be able to pay for one on less than a days wages.

Bingo! How many hours do I have to work and what value will it bring me.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider

Every single word of this.

I figure my harness will outlast the glass in it.

Cost about 4 hours work, too. The glass a couple more hours. Lol

Structure, size, water resistance, noise. Let’s hear some opinions. They’re not made by pelican, they’re all cut and sew, why are these bino harnesses so pricey?
It’s been awhile since I priced Cordura, buckles, elastic, mesh, webbing, etc., but I imagine it’s not cheap materials wise. Add in commercial sewing machines, a warehouse, paying a wage and I’m sure the manufacturers aren’t making money hand over fist as you would imagine.

I wish they were cheaper, but every time I try to price out making something myself, I gladly pay the little extra to get something professionally made.