Black Eagle X-Impact component

Anyone tried using a black eagle x-impact FOCUS insert post with an iron will collar? BE says their FOCUS insert acts as a "footer" inside the shaft and as a post for the collar. I'm theorizing that they would work. My concern is the insert isn't flush and would create an micro ridge due to mismatched diameters. The whole reason I am considering these two components is I am looking for a stainless/titanium insert with a stainless/titanium collar totaling 55 ish grains. Using the FOCUS SS post at 29 grains and an IW titanium collar at 25gr I'm at 54 graines total. Thanks for the input.

I don't think that will work. You wouldn't have any threads to screw your broadhead/field point into. The forward portion of the BE FOCOS system isn't just a collar; it's an outsert with 8-32 internal threads. IW collars are unthreaded. The FOCOS post is threaded for the retention screw that holds the post and outsert together, but those threads are smaller than 8-32.

If I were going to shoot a 4mm/.166" arrow, I would just bite the bullet and use a HIT with Deep Six (6-40 thread) heads/points.

Zac

WKR
I'd just go Snyder Core, if your hunting whitetails or antelope, you may want to consider the Thorn glue in as well.

That won’t work. The point/head won’t have anything to screw into. The FOCOS is pretty good. The core, day six and Easton ti outsert are good options.

CB4

WKR
Like others have said that wont work. If you are looking to be at that weight for grains look at the easton titanium half out. They will cost you about the same amount.