Bringing dehydrated meals to Mexico

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Leaving for a coues deer hunt in Mexico in 2 weeks, was wondering if anyone has had any problems bringing dehydrated meals across the border. Little confused on their restrictions, says no bringing of meat across the border but have also seen if its sealed in a bag your should be OK.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
If questioned, just tell em you’re helping all of Biden’s illegals keep pouring across the border. You’re good.

logem

FNG
Shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't specifically claim it on the customs form or make an effort to go through customs for it, but if asked in person in Mexico at the airport, I'd tell them that you have it. The worst that they would do is take it as it is not fresh meat or vegetables which is what they are really concerned about.

I never even considered this, concerning backpacking meals. But I did read a story about a guy that brought McMuffins into Australia and got a big fine, so I could see it being a problem.

Driving or flying? I have never been checked for anything driving in. Flying a customs officer will ask if you have anything to declare, then wave you through

OP
C

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Driving or flying? I have never been checked for anything driving in. Flying a customs officer will ask if you have anything to declare, then wave you through
We're driving, going through Douglas, AZ

Oldbuff

FNG
Not a problem at all. Not that I would include it on the customs form, though.

OP
C

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
We do have a cook, amd i am looking forward to authentic mexican food. was just thinking about bringing a couple dehydrated meals just in case they are needed in the field for lunches