Broad clothing question

1. Synthetic vs merino. I’ve noticed that synthetic dries/wicks faster than merino but also is prone to odor. Would wearing a synthetic base and a merino mid be the best of both worlds? Get the moisture of and dry faster but keep the odor at bay with the second layer?

2. Has anyone tried the first lite sawtooth hybrid jacket for a mid season lite insulation layer and what are your opinions?

3. I’ve always run Sitka ascent pants. I’m looking for other recommendations in solids that fit similar to the ascent. ( Kuiu attack, first lite corrugate or obsidian etc.)

Last edited:
I wear a light synthetic shirt under my merino. I can't stand the feel of wool on my skin under a backpack. I stink anyway, merino, poly, or butt naked...

Arborwear Canopy pants are almost the same as the Sitka Ascent and cost less. They're slightly stiffer and take some wear/washing to soften. The fit is slightly looser than the ascents, which I prefer. I have the olive and driftwood colors, both are good hunting options.

1. Synthetic vs merino. I’ve noticed that synthetic dries/wicks faster than merino but also is prone to odor. Would wearing a synthetic base and a merino mid be the best of both worlds? Get the moisture of and dry faster but keep the odor at bay with the second layer?

2. Has anyone tried the first lite sawtooth hybrid jacket for a mid season lite insulation layer and what are your opinions?

3. I’ve always run Sitka ascent pants. I’m looking for other recommendations in Solis’s that fit similar to the ascent. ( Kuiu attack, first lite corrugate or obsidian etc.)

1. I’d still think you’d experience bacteria growth with synthetics, so odor would remain an issue.

3. Can’t go wrong with KUIU attack pants.

slowelk

WKR
I wear a light synthetic shirt under my merino. I can't stand the feel of wool on my skin under a backpack. I stink anyway, merino, poly, or butt naked..

Agree, under the pack, and especially under my bino pack - too itchy. I do the same, synthetic base, merino mid. Specifically sitka corelightweight, then first lite kiln.