Broadhead Testing

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I can set you up to buy Iron Will singles for testing if you want. Just send me a message.

Beendare

WKR
So much BH anxiety out there.

I would just pick the traits you want in a BH....then search the many tests available comparing them.

If you can't get a particular BH to fly, its;

1) you are underspined
2) your bow is not tuned
3) the arrow /BH is not assembled perfectly straight
OR a combination of the factors above

Its that^ simple.

I have seen rare cases where the manufacturer didn't get the head itself perfectly straight, but this will show up on an arrow spinner.

The good news is if you make a good shot....just about anything sharp on the end of your arrow works.

___

ncavi8tor

WKR
I am assuming you are testing to see which one flies best----with the right setup, they all do!

I shoot a fairly heavy [500gr] arrow with plenty of spine 300 Axis....and when my bow is tuned with the arrows assembled perfectly on a jig....I can shoot any 150gr or 145 gr bh to the same POI. I tune with the big VPA 3 blade...and everything else 2 blades, 3 blades- etc. shoots lights out.

Now if a guy is shooting a light spine, light/fast arrow that type of thing....its a more critical setup thus there will be a smaller collection of BH's that will tune well....and those are typically the small short heads.

If you are underspined or even borderline....sometimes no BH tunes well.

______
Completely agree! If the bow is tuned, I prefer bareshaft tuning to 20 yards, and the head spins true, there is none that won't fly beautifully!

I also agree about spine. Slight underspined can make you pull your hair out with broadheads. Overspined is not an issue with modern compounds and mechanical releases!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
It's been said above - but any decent broadhead will hit with your field points if you tune your bow and can shoot with consistent form. Some are more forgiving than others though.

I've just put up a "WTB" here in the classifieds. Picked up a whole bunch of serviceable heads that still spun true that guys were looking to unload. Perfect for testing and tuning.