Burris Veracity reliability

Does anyone have any experience with the Burris veracity? Specifically how reliable and repeatable it is for use as a semi long range dialing scope. I’m pretty interested in the 3-15x50 with the MAD knob system but if it doesn’t track or return to zero properly it’s not much use.

I have 4, 3x15x50 (28 Nosler) , 2 - 4x20x50 (7 mm mags my sons guns) and a 5x25x50 (300 win mag) all with MAD knobs. All are very reliable, return to zero and track spot on. Shot my bull elk last year at 505 yards with the 5x25x50, then a mule at 100 yards, then the guide shot a coyote at 250 yards, then another hunter dialed it to 600 for a follow up shot as his Vortex scope wasn't tracking. All shots were spot on and returned to 0. Took me a little while to get use to the FFP but now I really like it. All the scopes have Burris custom yardage turrets and are dialed in!!!!!

I was really impressed with the glass. I have a swarovski, leupold, 3 bushnell, zeiss and a sightron scope. The Burris's have the best eye relief, eye box, and main scope body length, gives me alot of room to mount my scope as far back as possible. We used my scope in really low light to compare to my Maven binocs sizing up some mule deer. Very impressive!!!! The Zeiss were about the same glass. the Swaro's have great glass but a horrible eye box.

And they won't break the bank.

B23

WKR
I had the 4-20x50 Veracity on the CZ 204 Ruger I used to have. Glass on the lower power settings was ok but got pretty grainy when you cranked the power up. Tracking, to put it politely, was not that great.

Based on my experience with the one that I had I would have no interest in one again but mine could have been the exception and all the others are much better.

If you want a scope you know will track spot on and always return to zero I'd look for a good clean used NF NXS 3-15x50. Price will be a little more for a used NXS vs a new Veracity but if you want repeatability I think it would be worth spending a few hundred bucks more for the NXS.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
I personally have ran a 3-15 madd for several years and have used it out to 2100 yards on a RUM with great success. I've set 5 other people up with the same scope because I was so pleased with them for the price point. Here's my observations on issues and reliability:

These were all big, 300 Magnums.

I've seen 3 now that have had parallax issues that either cause groups to open or issues where you can actually see the reticle shift left to right significantly when parallax knob is turned. I also had one that would slowly lose zero over 30-40 rounds. Was only off by .75 moa. They sent me a new scope on that one.

After a factory repair, they have all been solid and had no issues after that. Tracking is excellent and RTZ is good. I'm also pleased with the glass. I'm still a firm believer in this particular scope because it's so good for the money. You get a zero stop and plenty of elevation adjustment. When you start comparing it with other comparable scopes, it's still the best at that price point IMO.

I've dealt with enough scope issues with several manufacturers over the years to kind of expect it in the 1500 dollar or less price point. Burris has had less issues than other "top brand" scopes I've had experience with. Some of which I refuse to work with because of excessively high failure rates and arrogant customer service. I think you'll be well served with the Burris Veracity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk