Buying Used Glass

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Ive bought and sold a couple optics here. Purchased a swaro 65 ats and paid using F&F so had no insurance on my end. Do your homework and talk to them on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Maddog58

FNG
Bought a Swarovski spotter on another site and got a great deal on it. Saved about $1500 from new price. Swarovski just got the name of original owner and transferred to me. Super easy

SloppyJ

WKR
I've never bought a used optic and felt like I made a bad decision. Be sure to look at all of the pictures really well. One of my favorite scopes I bought used here for about half price. Makes it hard to spend 2k on the 4x32 nx8 I need. I'll probably end up getting that here too.

wyogoat

WKR
I’ve bought a Swaro spotter and Leica binos this past hunting season alone and awesome transactions. Zero issues and as described.

I've purchased and sold optics and had nothing but good experiences from buyers and sellers. I bought a pair of NL pures from a guy and got on a facetime call. Everything I've purchased has been exactly what I expected and the item was described as it was listed. Like others have mentioned, check feedback, get on a call/facetime if you're unsure and if it seems sketchy, don't do it.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my wife a set of els, my slc 15s and my nls off rokslide all flawless transactions with great sellers. I do prefer to have an actual phone conversation and thus far anyone I’ve dealt with is totally ok with that.

I've had great luck buying used/demo optics, both here and on other sites.

To answer why some of those big ticket items sit for longer... its because buying things like NL Pures from a dealer allows people to use credit(i.e. money they don't have). PayPal/Venmo will take credit cards, but when paying an individual the issuing bank does so at the "cash advance" rate which is usually 20-30% interest.

GA284

FNG
I recently bought 2 leupold scopes off here . Very satisfied with what I received.

While I have had pretty good luck buying off of the forums. One thing to keep in mind is what one person might notice or care about. Is 100% different than somebody else's. Look at the pics and ask for more if you have concerns.

Glad to hear all the positive feedback for buying and selling on rokslide. Definitely glad I joined as I'm looking to get me some nice second hand optics!