California Chapter Wild Sheep Foundation

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders, just got this email from Adam Casagrande about the upcoming event. Those hunt auctions would be great to attend (or buy!). Anyway, help him get the word out for a worthy cause. Share this on your FB page (it's on the Rokslide page if you want to share it from there...)

Their 12th Annual and Banquet & Fundraiser is coming up May 3, 2014

California Chapter Wild Sheep Foundation is proud to announce the 12th Annual CA WSF Annual Fundraiser and
Banquet.

Banquet Registration
Register today to join us for an exciting evening of “Putting and Keeping Sheep on the Mountain”

Special Hunt Drawings
Be sure to get your special drawing tickets — you do not need to be present to win. These two hunts will have winners drawn on
May 3!

• 2014 Nevada Antelope Hunt with Rob Wallin of Nevada Outfitters is a fully outfitted 3 day central Nevada landowner hunt.

• Again this year Ultima Thule Outfitters has provided a 1x1 fully guided 10 day hunt for the 2015 season where you'll be hunting in
the Wrangell-St. Elias area.

Special Live Auction Items – (phone bidders welcome)
Desert Sheep Permit on Biosphere Reserve
The Wild Sheep Foundation has once again authorized our chapter to auction a desert bighorn sheep permit for the 2014/15 hunting
season. Since this program began in 1998, all but one hunter has harvested their sheep on this hunt. The highest winning auction
bidder will have first choice of hunt dates. This hunt is a fully outfitted 10 day package for one hunter and one non-hunter.
Accommodations include comfortable cabins within the Biosphere Reserve, with a main dining hall and superb Mexican cuisine.
Spike camps are also utilized to ensure a classic desert sheep hunting experience. Additional non-hunters may accompany for
$100/day/person.
You will be met at the Loreto, B.C.S. airport and accompanied throughout your hunt and stay by your English speaking host, and
Ejido Bonfil hunting program President, Cosme Leonel “Leon” Valdez. Leon will also assist you with necessary firearm, CITES and
export permits for a seamless adventure. The hunt will take place in the UMA Ejido Alfredo V. Bonfil, located inside the El Vizcaino
Biosphere Reserve, in Baja California Sur, Mexico.

Alberta 14 Day Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunt
Bryan Martin and Canadian Mountain Outfitters has generously donated a 14 day 1x1 hunt for Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep in the
Kakwa Management area of Alberta, Canada. This hunt can take place in 2014 or 2015. Canadian Mountain Outfitters own all 4
Bighorn Sheep permits in Unit 445. The area consists of 3 different mountain ranges. The southern border is the Wilmore
Wilderness; the western border is British Columbia. There are no national park boundaries and hunters hunt resident sheep. This
area is not dependent on migration. The hunt is similar to a stone sheep hunt, in terrain, vegetation, and hunting methods as it is the
furthest north Bighorn area in North America. The highest mountain is just under 8000’. Sheep can be found in the alpine and also
in creeks and slides below tree-line. This hunt requires lots of glassing and patience. When the area gets a snow, finding rams is
usually much easier. ATVs, day hunting, and backpacking are utilized to hunt this area. Some areas require 2-4 nights out, so to
maximize success, hunters should be experienced mountain hunters. The area has a 7-8 year old ram average and 145-165 B&C
sized rams are typical. Average ram size is in the mid-150s and low-mid 30” range. The largest rams taken have been in the low
170s. This is not a trophy area for 170 class sheep, so hunters should be prepared to shoot a mature ram, of 7.5 years or older. The
hunting season runs from Sept 1st thru Oct. 15th. Normally, there are a maximum of 2 hunters in camp at one time. Hunt is 14 days
but if a hunter has not seen a legal ram (4/5 curl) after this period, they can stay longer, at no additional charge, until a ram is shot or
they decide to leave. A second hunter may go for the same price as the winning bidder.

Fully Guided Tule Elk Hunt in Monterey County California

Guide and Outfitter Donald C. Martin and Bob Swanson of the Jim Bardin Ranch has donated this 6 day fully guided 1x1 hunt for a
Tule elk bull in Monterey County California. This is an excellent opportunity to harvest a trophy class Tule elk on 8,000 private acres
only minutes away from Monterey. Past hunts have been 100% successful for rifle and muzzleloader hunters. Method of harvest is
hunter’s choice, though rifle is recommended for the largest possible trophy. This is a CA DFW PLM program and the ranch receives
only two bull permits per year. Hunting pressure on the ranch is very light and bulls are allowed to grow to their full trophy potential.
CA hunting license, meat processing and shipping of meat and trophies or gratuities are not included.
Hunt Dates are Oct 26 -31 2014 only.
Includes $500 taxidermy credit from Western Wildlife Taxidermy

Hotel Accommodations

Time is Running Out - REGISTER BY 4/20/14!

Don't miss your chance at a discount for room rates at the Marriott Rancho Cordova at 11211 Point East Drive in Rancho Cordova.
You can reserve a standard King hotel room at the CA WSF special rate of $93 plus taxes by contacting the hotel at 1-866-232-4541;
please ask for the CAWSF special room block pricing referencing "Wild Sheep Foundation."

When/Where
3pm - 10pm
Marriott Rancho Cordova
11211 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Last edited:

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
This is a great dinner, great fun and for a great foundation. I have been buying tables for several years and enjoy it more each year. If you are in the area, I would highly recommend attending the dinner. If you are coming, let me know, I'll buy your first beer!

MattB

WKR
I'll buy the second.

There is also a chance I may have an extra pair of tickets, PM me if interested.

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent Matt!! Look at that guys, two free beers if you show up! I'm sure there will be a few more after those...

I'll see you there Matt

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys this should be a great event. I know there are lot of CA guys on Rokslide and there are plenty of seats still available so check out the website www.cawsf.org and register.

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
CA Roksliders I ask you to recruit and call or invite others that you know who may be interested in our event. We are short on attendees this year do to some conflicting events in the area. Reach out to anyone else you know on Rokslide or that enjoys hunting and lives in CA and tell them to register and come join us May 3rd. Looking forward to meeting those of you who I have not yet met.

Zackman

Lil-Rokslider
Shaun,
If you are going to be there by yourself, make sure to find the tall, skinny, loud guy sitting up front. That will be me. I like to talk to anyone who shoots monster Coues' deer with their bow!
Zack

trkyslr

WKR
Heres Paul, Zack, Joe and I at the dinner. It was the nicest dinner I have attended and some really good people there. Definitely a yearly dinner for me now and I made out like a bandit. a glock 10mm and liberty fatboy safe.
View attachment 15887

Attachments

• 00small43678723.jpg
    00small43678723.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 16