Can you Carry On a laser Rangefinder on plane? I know Binos are ok.

Kevrod3

FNG
Leaving tomorrow and wondering if I need to stuff my rangefinder in my checked baggage. Thoughts?

Mine is on my bino harness, which comes with me in my carry on pack. I haven't had any TSA question a range finder yet. Dont know how many flights, probably 30-40 ish? I should add that I have TSA known traveler number , dont know if that makes any difference.
You should be fine.

I had 1 bad experience with my range finder years ago and I’ll never carry it on again.

Carrying mine on, I think the scanner was too much for the range finder to handle and it stopped working. $350 down the drain. They were more money back then.

I bought a Nikon 440 Prostaff to replace it and won’t walk thru a scan check with it unless I’m ready to buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see why an Xray machine would hurt a range finder and not hurt every other of the 1000s of phones, tablets and lap tops that go though them every minute of every day.

I had my bino harness with range finder and binos in my carryon last November and no issues. They didn't notice that one .22 round I thought I lost in the woods either...

Back