Carbon 6 barrel trouble?

Ridge86

WKR
Who’s had trouble with carbon 6 barrels? I’ve heard not so good customer service from them.

Sled

WKR
Who’s had trouble with carbon 6 barrels? I’ve heard not so good customer service from them.

OP
R

Ridge86

WKR
I ordered a carbon 6, in 7prc and 6 creedmoor. The 6 creedmoor would not headspace at all. The 7 prc I had it torqued on and it headspaced ok. Factory was fine to shoot but I had to resize brand new brass for it to chamber. Sent the barrels back waiting to hear what’s going on?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I ordered a carbon 6, in 7prc and 6 creedmoor. The 6 creedmoor would not headspace at all. The 7 prc I had it torqued on and it headspaced ok. Factory was fine to shoot but I had to resize brand new brass for it to chamber. Sent the barrels back waiting to hear what’s going on?
They are pretty tenacious about customer service, I’d call Gene. The only time they disappointed me in interactions was with technical questions.

Sled

WKR

I can empathize with your predicament. I've found it cheaper in the long run to go with more established barrel makers. You couldn't pay me to take a chance on one of their barrels fresh from the factory. Save yourself some time and have a qualified smith you trust headspace it for you. Also, don't look down the barrel with a scope if you don't want to be disappointed.

To be clear, I know they can turn out a good barrel. I just think they have more lemons than other barrel makers.