Carnivore Recipes

Searched but wasn’t able to find a thread related to carnivore recipes. I’ve been doing the carnivore since 1 Jan and am getting burned out earing the same food. Please share some of your interesting foods/recipes. I’ll start.

Meatballs
Ground beef/venison/elk mixed with sausage and pork rind crumbs. Add in some eggs and cheddar.

Haro450

FNG
I would recommend smoking some brisket. Salt ,pepper the brisket smoke tell bark sets up. Then wrap and continue to cook till 205 internal temp. Then let rest for 2 hours. Give it a tray its delicious.

Also pork loin sliced thin dip in egg wash batter in pork rines and fry. Also great.

OP
isItFallYet
Im going to attempt to make some scotch eggs with pork rinds as breading this evening.

If you’re not super strict against veggies you can make fajitas without the tortillas. I never get bored eating it and it goes together pretty quick, especially if you cut the ingredients in bulk for a couple days worth.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
What do you boys think about the “low carb” tortillas? Some are down to 2g net carbs?

Haro450

FNG
There are many different low carb tortillas. When I was eating for of a Keto diet I would use ones that had 3 carbs or so. They can be a good option if you want some variety. I don't use them any more but may try them back in my diet down the road.

OP
isItFallYet
Just made some scotch eggs using salt and pepper pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. Need to do this weekly! Delicious!

Mojave

WKR
Here is my New York Strip recipe. I prefer the strip steak to the rib eye. But if all they have is ribeyes that is what I am cooking.

Dry brine with Kosher salt the night before in the fridge on a rack with a way for air to circulate.

I used to use the reverse sear method. Cook in an oven at 150 degrees for 30 minutes on each side on a rack and then sear the skin on the BBQ or in a scalding hot 450 F frying pan with ghee.

I recently stopped doing that and just cook in the frying pan with ghee to medium rare. I used a thermometer probe to tell me when.

I also started cooking at 270 F in the frying pan instead of 450. It gives a better result.

For a sauce I use the following.

1 spoon prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce).
1 spoon sour cream
salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 spoon lemon juice.

Or I use blue cheese crumbles and then cover the steak with them until they melt.

I pretty much eat this every day.

young7.3

WKR
Here is my New York Strip recipe. I prefer the strip steak to the rib eye. But if all they have is ribeyes that is what I am cooking.

Dry brine with Kosher salt the night before in the fridge on a rack with a way for air to circulate.

I used to use the reverse sear method. Cook in an oven at 150 degrees for 30 minutes on each side on a rack and then sear the skin on the BBQ or in a scalding hot 450 F frying pan with ghee.

I recently stopped doing that and just cook in the frying pan with ghee to medium rare. I used a thermometer probe to tell me when.

I also started cooking at 270 F in the frying pan instead of 450. It gives a better result.

For a sauce I use the following.

1 spoon prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce).
1 spoon sour cream
salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 spoon lemon juice.

Or I use blue cheese crumbles and then cover the steak with them until they melt.

I pretty much eat this every day.

Where do you source new york strip that its affordable to eat every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
Where do you source new york strip that its affordable to eat every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I buy the entire roast and cut them myself. You save about 30-40%.

Never said it was affordable, but that helps.

I also live in Germany, and individual "rumpsteaks" are about $6-8 Euro. $15-20 bucks a day.

I am also the only one eating them.