Child Carrier on a K4 Frame

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Has anyone here strapped a Kelty JOURNEY PERFECTFIT child carrier or any other child carrier to the K4 frame. Any tips? I've got a 2 month old that I plan to throw on my back as part of my training for an Elk hunt this fall. I've ordered the K4 pack system and I plan to order a Kelty child carrier unless y'all convince me to use a different one. Would the crib load panel be useful for this?

sndmn11

WKR
I'd add the crib.

I got a deiter and dropped the suspension off of it and did the same thing for my kid until.about age 4-5. It'll be rock solid with a few straps and the crib.

I'd send it to you if you pay shipping.

Last edited:
I'd add the crib.

I got a deiter and dropped the suspension off of it and did the same thing for my kid until.about age 4-5. It'll be rock solid with a few straps and the crib.

I'd send it to you if you pay shipping.

Take advantage of this offer. I agree with this recommendation. I ran the Deuter carrier on a k3 with the crib, rock solid.

Do you have pictures?

Sorry no pics of how I had it attached. Both the k3 and kid carrier are long gone. I do remember trying to attach it to a HPG decker with the yoke and that it was not as stable as I had hoped. That caused me to try it on my k3 frame with the much wider crib. The crib really helped keep the load higher and more stable. I carried the kid like that until about 6. Good luck!

Mucho gracias. Looking at a bunch of other pictures guys had posted for other brown backpacks, I was able to rig something up last night. I carry my son in it this morning for about an hour and it worked really well. I am going to make some fine-tuning adjustments and take some pictures. Should have a post it up tomorrow if anybody else wants to take a look. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

If you can buy the kid carrier part separate I’d understand it, otherwise I’ve found the deuter packs to be dang comfortable and they let your back breathe better than any hunting frame I’ve used and you can keep you hunting packs configured how you want em.

OP
T

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
If you can buy the kid carrier part separate I’d understand it, otherwise I’ve found the deuter packs to be dang comfortable and they let your back breathe better than any hunting frame I’ve used and you can keep you hunting packs configured how you want em.
I don't doubt that for a second. However, this is an opportunity for me to get some miles on a new pack and get it setup just right before I take it out west.