Colorado 16, 17, 171

bradb

WKR
I drew the rifle tag for proghorn, plan to go at least a few days before the season to scout. Any tips on areas to start?

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
The wildlife refuge holds some big bucks as well as the BLM south of there. How many points did it take to draw?

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
There are some good goats in those units, however, a lot of goats on private. If I was to have drawn a tag, I would drive as many roads going through BLM and keep eyes peeled for goats. If I found a good one, my hope would be to be in his territory opening morning and try to get him immediately. After opening morning, there will be a lot of goats pushed onto private.

OP
bradb

bradb

WKR
That is my goal ganngus! I had 17 or 19pts, really have just paid the $20 bucks or whatever when applying for deer, elk, ect. It was never really a priority in drawing and just waiting tell schedule was more open for a fun hunt. Any more tips on areas to start scouting let me know.
Thanks

visage

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hunting this on an archery tag currently and it is VERY dry and crunchy. the majority of the lopes we are finding are in the lower/green country. Definitely in different areas than we found them a few years ago when I had this tag.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Goats will start moving around more here in a few weeks. Most of the blm in the valley in those areas will hold goats. Find water, find antelope. ...