Colorado “Managing Wildlife in an Era of Mutualism.”

Hnthrdr

WKR
The wildlife in the US are a PUBLIC RESOURCE, this means that everyone has a stake in our wildlife not just hunters. Wolves do not have the impact that most hunters fear if managed correctly. The public that wants wolves reintroduced have every right, conservatism has waged a war on predators for centuries with their Profit Over People rhetoric. We have the technology to manage both pray and predator these days so both should coexist and there are ECOLOGICAL BENEFITS to both pray and predator in a given habitat if managed correctly. There is also an incredible amount of hunters who identify as a Liberal Democrat and believe in democracy, liberty the Second Amendment and so forth, just like other hunters. The more people are properly educated about hunting and the benefits of clean meat, the more we can work together to have more information and transparency for better wildlife populations. The negative rhetoric of shutting non hunting people out and casting them as foe only keeps improvement and opportunity from happening. We are running out of space and everyone is concerned with many things so involve everyone, prove and show that what we provide as hunters and what we have accomplished over the decades in management can have a massive benefit for every public landowner. People forget about history and times when struggles were upon us as hunters and gatherers but we managed to agree to disagree and do what's right for the habitat, the environment and our wildlife. We all should be able to recreate, hunt and live sustainably if we just work together, ALL OF US.
You mentioned wolves don’t have the impact if Managed correctly. There will be no death of wolves at the hand of man. No management in the state of Co.

Wolves will decimate the greatest elk herd in NA. They will kill a robust moose population they were removed from the lower 48 because they are in direct competition with US! Back before we were a cookie dough soft nation we saw this. The people pushing this want you eating soy and bean burgers, they want to destroy ranching and hunting. They are so out of touch with the consumptive lifestyle they are my enemy. They are the enemy of my families values and my families heritage and will be treated as such. Try feeding a nation of 330 million without large scale ranching. Good luck. 👍

Part of the reintroduction bill is that there will be no lethal management. Per law there will be no management plan, at least not one that uses lethal means.
Yeah, I know that. I also know there was a management plan in place that got removed from the bill (and I don't care if I ever see or kill a wolf). I was pointing out to the other post that some of their points are not valid.

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
You mentioned wolves don’t have the impact if Managed correctly. There will be no death of wolves at the hand of man. No management in the state of Co.

Wolves will decimate the greatest elk herd in NA. They will kill a robust moose population they were removed from the lower 48 because they are in direct competition with US! Back before we were a cookie dough soft nation we saw this. The people pushing this want you eating soy and bean burgers, they want to destroy ranching and hunting. They are so out of touch with the consumptive lifestyle they are my enemy. They are the enemy of my families values and my families heritage and will be treated as such. Try feeding a nation of 330 million without large scale ranching. Good luck. 👍
Your rebuttal sounds like the typical redneck conservative fear rhetoric. I don't live in fear. People are uprising because they are exhausted by redneck conservative ideology. This is the country's disclose from this rhetoric ideology. We can't have a better world based on ignorance. That's not reality. Have an open mind and give people a chance.

Pay attention to what's been going on in WA with the new commission being stacked with a majority of antihunters the last couple years. They're trying to revise the conservation policy here to a preservation policy and CO seems to be in the beginning stages of utilizing the same buzzwords and language in their state. Their goal is to eliminate hunters from wildlife management, thus eliminating recreational hunting and fishing entirely, there's no doubt about it. You CO guys better put your BS bickering aside and learn to band together before it's too late for you. I think it's likely too late for us here in WA and it's only a matter of time before hunting is gone. The commission probably has the day picked out on their calendar already.

Were there no elk or moose before Europeans eradicated the wolves?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Your rebuttal sounds like the typical redneck conservative fear rhetoric. I don't live in fear. People are uprising because they are exhausted by redneck conservative ideology. This is the country's disclose from this rhetoric ideology. We can't have a better world based on ignorance. That's not reality. Have an open mind and give people a chance.
Yep you have me pinned down “redneck” haha 😂 how open minded of you. I don’t live in fear not one bit. An open mind and broad path is paves the way to a place I would rather not visit. This isn’t about open and closed minds it’s about reality vs. fantasy land. We are only allowed to live in fantasy land because of how easy our lives our these days. The parts of my family that settled in northern Az 1870’s realized this and refuse to give up that heritage to those who would love nothing more than to see the US turned into sometime of weird castrated version of its former self

Hnthrdr

WKR
Were there no elk or moose before Europeans eradicated the wolves?
We can get into the finer points of the North American model of conservation, but this is about game or wolf management in Co. if there was a plan to manage wolves at a reasonable level in Co I would be all for it. They took that off the table. Wolves will be introduced to every part of the state and there will be no management of them. You think 🤔 tags will stay the same or increase? You think herd numbers will stay the same or increase? I bet you think the wolves only eat the old and sick ones right? Haha pick a side bub or maybe take up photography. It won’t be in 20 years but in 30 or 40 there will be a fraction of tags issued because the wolves will eat themselves out of house and home.

The wildlife in the US are a PUBLIC RESOURCE, this means that everyone has a stake in our wildlife not just hunters. Wolves do not have the impact that most hunters fear if managed correctly. The public that wants wolves reintroduced have every right, conservatism has waged a war on predators for centuries with their Profit Over People rhetoric. We have the technology to manage both pray and predator these days so both should coexist and there are ECOLOGICAL BENEFITS to both pray and predator in a given habitat if managed correctly. There is also an incredible amount of hunters who identify as a Liberal Democrat and believe in democracy, liberty the Second Amendment and so forth, just like other hunters. The more people are properly educated about hunting and the benefits of clean meat, the more we can work together to have more information and transparency for better wildlife populations. The negative rhetoric of shutting non hunting people out and casting them as foe only keeps improvement and opportunity from happening. We are running out of space and everyone is concerned with many things so involve everyone, prove and show that what we provide as hunters and what we have accomplished over the decades in management can have a massive benefit for every public landowner. People forget about history and times when struggles were upon us as hunters and gatherers but we managed to agree to disagree and do what's right for the habitat, the environment and our wildlife. We all should be able to recreate, hunt and live sustainably if we just work together, ALL OF US.
You make some valid points but I believe you are completely ignoring the incredibly well-funded and vocal anti-hunters in states like Washington and Colorado. While they may be small in number, they have significant resources and outsize influence within the ruling state democratic parties. They seek to diminish/discredit the NAM and eventually remove hunting from wildlife management writ large under the banner of “mutualism” and “compassionate management”. It won’t happen overnight, it is a long term strategy. This is not some far right conspiracy theory, these are facts and it is happening as we speak in Colorado and Washington. I agree that there are many wonderful progressive/liberal/moderate democrat hunters, the problem is they don’t have the same influence in their own party in states like Colorado and Washington, anti-hunters and animal rights activists drive the policies there. The only hope is for hunters across all demographics to be more vocal and get more involved in local/state politics.