Cooking with a jetboil question.

NILowe

FNG
Maybe a stupid question but curious if anyone has used the standard jetboil cup and boiled water on a titanium stove. Or would it be better to just bring a titanium pot for boiling water? I’ll have fuel as well but hoping to save fuel as I may have to melt snow for water

OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
Shouldn't make a difference. Those little fuel pods will go away longer than what you think. I'd just use the cup and save the weight
I’ll be bringing fuel either way. Was just a thought on a way to conserve fuel if I’m melting snow for water

taskswap

WKR
You don't need it, but if it's in your budget something like a Vargo BOT Pot (titanium pot with a screw-on gasketed lid) is a nice addition to any stove. It holds a liter without leaking which is about right for a dehydrated meal dinner and two cups of tea or broth. What I'll do is fill it with a water filter while I hiking about, any time I find a stream, and then I know my "dinner water" is covered. You can boil the water in it directly on your stove. And on a super cold night you can refill it, reheat, and use that as a hot water bottle in your sleeping bag.

Regardless of the stove I'd recommend a lightweight windscreen (titanium rollup or honestly aluminum foil works fine and is super light and cheap) and stand. A tippy stove with a heavy pot is frustrating.