Crispi Summit similarity Solomon 4D

Curious if anyone has both or has tried both of these boots. Salomons are perfect for me other than leaking shortly after purchasing. They cover probably 75-80% of my needs very well. I have a pair of Schnees Beartooth mid that work well but I do like a lighter weight more flexible boot when it’s not cold and frozen. I currently have the Schnees Timberline and with the added height they aren’t much lighter but do flex and have a weird light pressure on top my toes when flexed so they may go back. Searched a lot and I’m thinking maybe the Crispi Summit fills the role for Salomon users that also need or want waterproof. I’ve tried seam sealing salomons and it worked for about half a hike for me.

BJP

FNG
I run the Solomon on early season hunts and they fit like a glove, ordered the crispi thor and couldnt lock my foot in them with there lacing system like I can with Solomon. Sent crispis back.

I have both. Similar experience with the Solomon's leaking. In fact last fall Elk hunting in the morning was misery. The summits are very close to fit and comfort. I have just recently got the summits so I hope they hold out the water. First wear was a fast two mile trek and my feet felt great. The Crispi is noticeably better made.

Nuke Man

WKR
I have like 3 years on my Solomon Quests. I just stood in my kids pool to leak check them, still waterproof! I've done nothing to them but wear them. I was about to buy a pair of Crispi boots if they leaked. Looks like another elk hunt in Solomons for me

Savage99

WKR
I run the Solomon on early season hunts and they fit like a glove, ordered the crispi thor and couldnt lock my foot in them with there lacing system like I can with Solomon. Sent crispis back.

Are you lacing them with an alternative method? Perhaps skipping the “ankle lock eyes” and then going back down to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJP

FNG
Using the ankle lock eyes to lock foot in then going up , has worked great for me in Utah and new Mexico.

I have both and wear them for work daily in the southwest desert. Both are really comfortable, The Salomons have a wider sole and are a bit more clunky but are also more stable on loose rock. The soles on the Salomons are also super soft, after only about a month some of the lugs on the front and sides are loosing some rubber. In terms of stiffness the Summits have a stiffer sole than the Salomons.

I have both and wear them for work daily in the southwest desert. Both are really comfortable, The Salomons have a wider sole and are a bit more clunky but are also more stable on loose rock. The soles on the Salomons are also super soft, after only about a month some of the lugs on the front and sides are loosing some rubber. In terms of stiffness the Summits have a stiffer sole than the Salomons.

This is pretty spot on. I also have both. My summits have started leaking after one season and the front tread is fading fast.

The quests I have are still keeping water out and are 4 years old.

I will most likely run my 2 year old tibets on wet days/most days. Quests as a backup.

10ringer

WKR
I have both pairs and would say they are similar but not equal. The summits have a stiffer sole but less ankle support, this is very noticeable when side hilling . After a long day of hiking my feet hurt less in the summits but my ankles feel trashed. In the solomons my feet get sore but ankles are comfortable. The tread on the summits are incredible and grip much better in all conditions. After taking a close look at the Crispi colorado’s it’s basically a slightly stiffer summit with good ankle support.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the summit, hunted a zone archery with them for 3 days this weekend. Steep terrain. Love them, I had no desire to take them off, literally. My salomon 4d always felt good, but after some hard miles would always irritate and sometimes blister my feet. The crispis I felt like I may have problems, but once I got moving they were perfect. Best boot I have ever worn. Hope they hold up.