Davis Go Tent Options

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some guidance on purchasing a Davis Go Tent. I already own the 14x15' tent with their largest stove. We run the loose 3/4 floor in it with the internal frame. I'm interested in a Go Tent because when I am solo, the 14x15' can be a bit much to setup and the poles are quite long- too long for my short bed if I'm not hauling a trailer behind (but I usually am).

The Go Tent seems like a good option because it is plenty big enough for myself and everything I'd need, but it's also smaller and lighter weight. Seems like I could even pack it in on my atv with the right straps and tie downs. For those who have the tent, would you recommend the traditional poles or internal frame? I'm leaning towards traditional for the packability, but am not sure how much the center poles get in the way.

Additionally, which floor option should I choose? I enjoy the loose floor in our big tent because it's easy to setup and clean, but I'm wondering if the sewn-in floor and stove mat isn't the better option for ease of use, particularly if I go with the traditional poles.

Sawn in floor is a pain in the ass and most people regret it. Loose floor is more versatile and it’s easier to dry out the tent. Rokeslide did a review on the Go Tent. An Internal frame is nice but you do lose some height compared to the traditional set up.

If you don’t need a stove, I’d look at a Kodiak tent. Easier/faster to set up, more ventilation (windows), lighter, and cheaper. The internal frame set up have poles up to 6’. Wouldn’t want to transport that on a wheeler.

OP
K

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Sawn in floor is a pain in the ass and most people regret it. Loose floor is more versatile and it’s easier to dry out the tent. Rokeslide did a review on the Go Tent. An Internal frame is nice but you do lose some height compared to the traditional set up.

If you don’t need a stove, I’d look at a Kodiak tent. Easier/faster to set up, more ventilation (windows), lighter, and cheaper. The internal frame set up have poles up to 6’. Wouldn’t want to transport that on a wheeler.
I like the loose floor a lot on the bigger tent, I was just unsure if it’s different in usage for this style of tent.

I looked at Kodiak, but I would like the stove jack. I feel like it’s a necessity considering the cost of the tent. Didn’t realize that the internal frame poles were still 6 feet long, I’ll definitely go traditional for packing.

work765

WKR
People are custom putting stove jacks on the Kodiak. I’ve been researching getting a new tent myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk