DaySix consistency

Jakeini

FNG
I just wanted to see what you guys thought about what I’m wondering is a consistency problem, or maybe a reformulation of the carbon shaft?
Definitely could be user error on my part as well.
I picked up my second set of DaySix 300’s, and I’ve noticed that they weigh more and are less consistent (weight wise) than the first.
Set 1 all weighed in around 555 gains +/- a couple.
Set 2 all weighed in around 575, some as low as 565 and one as high as 580.

Both sets are DaySix 300 spine, same length, set up with the 50gr centric insert/outserts and with 125gr points.

Aside from the fact that I could probably stand to go a little lighter in the setup as a whole, does the inconsistency in the second set strike anyone as something to worry about? Or is this just typical for building a set of arrows and culling out the outliers?

15 grains difference would be too much for me but I am a little OCD about arrows.

Did you build the first set of arrows? Did you weigh all the components before assembly? Did you use a lot of epoxy or glue?

There should only be about 1 to 2 grain difference between shafts of high quality arrows.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jakeini

FNG
UPDATE.
Well I feel like a bit of a douche. You guys were right, I should have just called! DaySix reached out real quickly after I posted this. Daykota helped me troubleshoot to see if we could figure out where the difference may have come from, and totally helped me out and hooked me up.
I’m thoroughly impressed. DaySix really stands by their stuff and takes care of their customers- which seems rare these days. Thanks again guys, you’re the best.

bat-cave

WKR
Not a douche .. honorable for admitting to being human! :) I had a gaffe on my first batch of DaySix arrows. The packaging then was a bit lightweight and one end arrived completely open and I thought I was missing an arrow shaft! I reached out to Bill and in typical fashion, he replied immediately to call him so that he could make it right! I then found the shaft where it had rolled up against my arrow saw ... DOH! :)