Deal on Rogue Fitness?

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I'm setting up a small home gym and want to pick up a bar and some bumper plates from Rogue. I have used their stuff and it is super nice so I figure buy once and be happy. Was looking at their bravo bar and bumper set http://www.roguefitness.com/bravo-bar-bumper-set as it looks like the perfect amount of weight for anything I want to do. Anyone know of a good place to pick something like that up other than their website? Do they do a Mil/LEO discount? Thanks for any input.

Ray

WKR
If you look at the various links at the bottom of their website you will note that they have no distributors in the US other than their own store in OH.

They have free shipping in the L48, but no listed deals. Might be something to call them and ask about.

For most home gyms the iron is scrounged from craigslist ads. Sometimes you get lucky and pick up some primo iron.

Clarktar

WKR
They have very minimal discounts for Government/LEO etc... If you are not buying a rig (cage, squat rack) then shipping is a killer.

They just had the B & R 1.0 bar on closeout. I just received mine and it was 220. Pretty good deal. Bumpers are really hard to find. If you are in the WA area, look up P&R lifting. They have some great prices, I just order a 360lb set, going to pick it up in a few days. I dont have any first hand knowledge on their equipment, but so far Anthony (owner) seems like a solid dude, and he will give discount for LEO/MIL.

They reports I have heard on their gear is solid. Lots of crossfit gyms using his stuff around here.

I am almost done setting up my home gym.

WKR
I have their Euro Oly bar. It is really, really nice. I believe their bumper plates are priced with shipping included but that may not be for all of them. Rogue CS is reportedly amazing and I've had very good experiences the couple of times I called them. It's ultimately why I bought Rogue over Eleiko and will guy Rogue again in the future, especially for things likely to be dropped hundreds of times.

OP
D

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. That's about what I figured, I guess the best thing to do is find their stuff with free or included shipping (which that particular setup has). Now I just have to convince the wife that its a good deal. Shouldn't be that hard though after paying $250+ for shipping on the rubber floor I just put in...

If you are price conscious, you should also check out Fringesport.com. They don't sell Rogue, but carry other brands that are quality and generally priced better than Rogue, and offer free shipping. I have outfitted my home gym with VTX bumpers, Bomba barbell (very comparable to the Rogue Bar), kettlebells and plyo box from Fringesport and have been happy with it.