Desert Bighorn Cape - Anyone Need?

tam9492

WKR
My desert bighorn is finally coming home, and I've had nearly a year to think about how I want to memorialize the hunt and animal. I feel really solid about the decision to have a clean skull on a nice display base. Initially, I was thinking a table pedestal with reproduction horns and keeping the real skull handy to fondle. I don't have any shoulder mounts currently, and while I know I'd enjoy it, I don't know that I'd enjoy it enough to justify the expense. I'd rather put the taxidermy funds towards additional hunts, and I figure I can also make some cash on the life-size cape.

First, any issues with selling a cape? I've seen it done before, but the 'skull' thread has me thinking....

Second, what's the going rate? This is a Mexico ram. I haven't seen the cape in nearly a year, but it was in great shape at harvest.

Third, what's the best way to find someone who needs a cape? I called Zimmerman's in PA (not terribly far from me), but they're not interested in inventorying capes unless they have someone actively looking. Do I continue to call taxis that specialize in sheep? Head over to taxidermy.net?

Appreciate any insight!

Maybe give the wildlife gallery a call. They are a huge tannery alot of Taxidermist use and may have someone interested

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk