Dog Boarding near Yellowstone - Recommendations?

Hey all,

I will be doing a camping trip in Yellowstone over 4th of July and have a site booked at the Madison campground (which is on the West side of the park, close to the town of West Yellowstone). Really excited about the trip and have taken notes from a previous post about all the things to do in and around the park. However, we have a dog, will be tent camping, and I feel better having her boarded within a couple hours instead of being all the way back down around Denver.

As I said we will be coming from Denver, and the straightest shot would be coming through Dubois, WY - driving through the park and getting to our site. In Dubois there is a kennel called Geyser Creek Boarding Kennels. Does anyone have any experience with boarding there dog there?

Does anyone have another recommendation in general? I would prefer for the place to be within route. As the only other option I can think of is drive that same way, stay with the dog a night in the tent, and then drop her off at a kennel on the North or West side of the park (like in Big Sky, Gardiner, West Yellowstone, etc) but I am not finding many options on the ole google machine.

Kind of on the way is Mountain Valley K9 to 5 in Victor Idaho. Anyone have experience with them?

Sorry for the long post so in short

Geyser Creek Boarding Kennels in Dubois, WY
Mountain Valley k9 to 5 in Victor, ID

Any other options?

Thanks for the help

If I packed my truck with camping gear, drove 300 miles and then dropped my dog off at a kennel she'd kill me!

I'd drop her off at a local kennel and then go home and pack the truck so that we both maintain our sanity.

OP
A
Brood, I hear ya. She is going to be super excited once the camping gear gets broken out, but the fact is, NP's and dog's just don't mix. From everything I have been looking in to, we are going to be spending a lot of time in the car driving around the park. Only doing a few hikes here and there; so leaving her in the tent isn't an option, and having her just sit around in the car all day sucks for her; and dogs arn't allowed on NP trails so boarding her is all we can do. I just would rather have her within a few hours instead of 10 hours if something were to go wrong.

Casper is a little far from where we are camping, but it might be an only option if the 2 I pointed out don't really work out - Thanks Wyo

wyodan

WKR
Hey all,

I will be doing a camping trip in Yellowstone over 4th of July and have a site booked at the Madison campground (which is on the West side of the park, close to the town of West Yellowstone). Really excited about the trip and have taken notes from a previous post about all the things to do in and around the park. However, we have a dog, will be tent camping, and I feel better having her boarded within a couple hours instead of being all the way back down around Denver.

As I said we will be coming from Denver, and the straightest shot would be coming through Dubois, WY - driving through the park and getting to our site. In Dubois there is a kennel called Geyser Creek Boarding Kennels. Does anyone have any experience with boarding there dog there?

Does anyone have another recommendation in general? I would prefer for the place to be within route. As the only other option I can think of is drive that same way, stay with the dog a night in the tent, and then drop her off at a kennel on the North or West side of the park (like in Big Sky, Gardiner, West Yellowstone, etc) but I am not finding many options on the ole google machine.

Kind of on the way is Mountain Valley K9 to 5 in Victor Idaho. Anyone have experience with them?

Sorry for the long post so in short

Geyser Creek Boarding Kennels in Dubois, WY
Mountain Valley k9 to 5 in Victor, ID

Any other options?

Thanks for the help

Victor is going to be quite a bit out of the way for you from Dubois, but it might be worth the drive to go over Teton Pass. Jackson has a couple places, but I can't remember their names. I have heard the places in Jackson are pretty good.

OP
A
Victor is going to be quite a bit out of the way for you from Dubois, but it might be worth the drive to go over Teton Pass. Jackson has a couple places, but I can't remember their names. I have heard the places in Jackson are pretty good.

Ya, Victor is not my best option, but it is an option. Ideally, Dubois and the kennel I pointed out there would be best, but there are no reviews on Google about them so was just wondering if anyone had personal experience. I'll check in to Jackson. Thanks