Drones that are not DJI

Sled

WKR
I've been using a mavic pro for the last 7 years. I've been recently informed I can no longer use it on or near government installations and sensitive private infrastructure. That leaves me looking for new options that have greater security. What option are out there that you've been using? Mostly I'm flying within a square mile from launch and surveilling during dawn to dusk hours. Noise is not a huge concern but quite is preferable. Winds are often up to 30mph. Any ideas?

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Well, I guess that means everyone flying a drone is using DJI. Has anyone even heard of a suitable competitor?

WVelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Parrot drones. I haven't had one up in 30mph winds, but have pushed 20ish.

WKR
You're scouting for game on military installations?

I really liked my old $700 Parrot Anafi. The Blue version built for the army is good, too but at $15,000 it really needs to be. I'm also a fan of Freefly for larger airframes.

Big_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
You might look at Skydio and Autel Robotics. Although you might run into the same problem with Autel as you did with DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you retrofit DJI to be compliant?
That has been done in the past but the new drones may make it to complicated.
Whoever is controlling airspace should provide a list of options.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Can you retrofit DJI to be compliant?
That has been done in the past but the new drones may make it to complicated.
Whoever is controlling airspace should provide a list of options.

yes, i'd agree. right now they want us to submit the brand and model for approval. DJI is the only model they will not approve and no modifications are allowed.

i'll have to look into those weather balloons...

AK_Chuck

FNG
Im a fan of my Skydio2, but its shining features are its autonomous tracking as well as its "keyframe" mode. Would not recommend it for covering large areas.

maxx075

FNG
Is that not restricted airspace? I know when I was living in FL near Patrick AFB you weren't allowed to fly in their airspace.