DST Tarp Dimensions?

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone. I'm going to sew up a glassing tarp for this hunting season and I'm seeing a lot of people are really liking the Seek Outside DST tarp. Does anyone know the layout (dimensions and seam orientation) of the tarp? In some pictures it looks like 4 squares sewn together to make one big square. In other photos it looks like there is only one seam that joins two rectangular panels?

Any other modifications to the layout that I should consider?

Thanks,

-Flydaho

snowplow

WKR
Mine is two rectangular panels. I really really love my DST. So much so that I might get rid of my Tipi. But if I was to build one on my own I would change one thing. The DST has a probably nine inch or so thick black fabric piece in the middle so you can jam a stick or anything up there and it'll be fine. Works great however I think it would be better to sew something similar in shape to stake bag out of that thick sturdy material. Then however you pitch it you can just slip the bag over your piece of wood or your hiking poles or whatever. When you're done you can use it as your stake bag. This would also solve another thing. If I stretch the DST between trees old style a frame or diagonal even over my hammock it gets really weird and kind of flops over in the middle where the thick material is sewed. If that wasn't there and you did a bag like I mentioning it would work perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
Flydaho

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help guys! And good suggestion about the center reinforcement patch. I'll look into making a padded sleeve for the trekking pole/wooden stick. That will also give me the flexibility to put the trekking pole anywhere under the tarp, not just in the dead center. And if that doesn't work I can always add the center patch afterwards.

I'll post some pics when its done.