EDC / Work / Travel

Jmort1754

WKR
Had Urban Ruck 2.0 was too small

Looking at shape charge or go ruck Gr2 40 any input as to these or something similar?

SWOHTR

WKR
I use the Checkpoint daily and love it. Everything from a 3-day trip to daily hauling to and from work. Love the pack and it doesn’t scream “tactical” like a bunch of others with miles of MOLLE webbing.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I use the Checkpoint daily and love it. Everything from a 3-day trip to daily hauling to and from work. Love the pack and it doesn’t scream “tactical” like a bunch of others with miles of MOLLE webbing.
That is what I am trying to avoid is the tactical charlie look.

tony

WKR
Man sky's the limit with an "edc Pack"
Backpack, messenger, aka shoulder bag, sling bag,
How big, you carry a laptop, files, papers, etc?
You want full blown custom at a price you won't believe? Check out Greenroom 136 out of Malaysia. I've bought a lot of bags from Pat. He is a stand up down to earth guy. Actually chat with him regular. He uses top shelf materials, can sew pretty much anything you ask, and is non tactical as well. Build to your door is usually less than a month if he has the materials in stock. Just remember you will be seeing the price in Malaysia money so 1,200 is more like $200.00 U.S.

Alpha One Niner is out of Virginia. Bags are made in Vietnam. Top quality and a reasonable price.
Tom Bihn makes nice stuff
My work pack (I'm a nurse) is made by Ascentials Pro the "boss" pack. Been a tank over the last 2 years I've had it. I wanted something small with decent organization and it does it.
I own items from all the above and use them for different things when needed.
I do have a bad bag fetish! LOL

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Man sky's the limit with an "edc Pack"
Backpack, messenger, aka shoulder bag, sling bag,
How big, you carry a laptop, files, papers, etc?
You want full blown custom at a price you won't believe? Check out Greenroom 136 out of Malaysia. I've bought a lot of bags from Pat. He is a stand up down to earth guy. Actually chat with him regular. He uses top shelf materials, can sew pretty much anything you ask, and is non tactical as well. Build to your door is usually less than a month if he has the materials in stock. Just remember you will be seeing the price in Malaysia money so 1,200 is more like $200.00 U.S.

Alpha One Niner is out of Virginia. Bags are made in Vietnam. Top quality and a reasonable price.
Tom Bihn makes nice stuff
My work pack (I'm a nurse) is made by Ascentials Pro the "boss" pack. Been a tank over the last 2 years I've had it. I wanted something small with decent organization and it does it.
I own items from all the above and use them for different things when needed.
I do have a bad bag fetish! LOL
I am a nurse as well in and out of alot of facilities. Doesn't need to be huge but big enough to carry daily, plus a change of scrubs

Mystery ranch is worth a look. I am a bit of a fanboy but I run one of their convertible briefcases for work and a ripruck for casual Travel and edc. Their list prices are a little spendy but plenty of places like moose jaw and others will discount them 30%+ regularly.

Mel Terkla, former designer for Kifaru, started Pocket Up. I don't personally own one of their packs but I like what he is coming out with. All made in the US.

I personally run a Triple Aught Design Fastpack Litespeed, the latest version from the Armory. You can get a Fastpack EDC made out of different materials(500d, waxed canvas, VX21, or VX42) and they aren't covered in MOLLE like they were before.

I also think that the Kuiu Venture or divide packs in the solid colors make great edc/travel packs. I took a Venture 1800 to Montana and Hawaii this past summer, worked great.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Gr2 slick 500d
ULA Dragonfly/Atlas
Evergoods
New Kuiu Venture Divide 2000 looks good as well, just sew a jansport patch over the giant logo

Last edited:

tony

WKR
I was going to tell you to pick up an alpha one niner for what you describe

Take a look at the Stone Glacier Avail. It's a very versatile bag, doesn't look tactical, and the attached rear flap is perfect for quick stash items or overflow if needed. It replaced my Antero and Door Gunner as my EDC/Travel/Day trip pack.

mflo

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I had an Alpha One Niner pack for awhile, and thought it was fantastic - maybe one of the best EDC bags I've ever owned. It was a little big for my EDC needs though, so I got rid of it and picked up a Triple Aught Designs pack that I'm currently using.

If you want made in USA, don't mind spending some coin, but want something really well built, also look into Mission Workshop. I've had a few of their bags over the years, and they are bomb proof.

jsim12A

FNG
One of the best packs that I use everyday is the Triple Aught Design Fastpack EDC the 2015 version with the dry bag roll up top. Hands down the most comfortable and the most versatile and the most feature rich back pack that I have ever used and I have used and tried on many packs from various brands.