EMR II upgrade to Fulcrum?

hadda

FNG
Hello fine citizens of Rokslide. I have an EMR2. I use it for day and multi day hunts. l love the versatility and it seems to do the job for a one bag to rule them all type situation.

It is a bit strappy. I'm debating whether or not to mod my EMR2 (zipper to connect the wings) or sell it and get the Fulcrum.

Does the hive mind think it would be worth the $ to upgrade? Not sure how much my EMR2 would fetch on the used market but the new packs are $$$ up here in Canada.

OP
H

hadda

FNG
I have owned both the EMR II twice

I like it better than the fulcrum but it is a good pack too.
I’d stay with EMR
Thanks for the advice. What do you like about the EMR2 over the Fulcrum?

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I have the fulcrum and It’s the most “strappy” pack I have ever run. Not sure you would be saving much with the change.

lawson8

FNG
Thanks for the advice. What do you like about the EMR2 over the Fulcrum?
The main bag on each are about the same fulcrum could be a bit larger but not sure, so I’ll call those equal…the EMR II does have pals webbing so you can attach pouches but the fulcrum has it on top on the fold over so you can run it without a lid.
So equal…
So the main difference for me is I like the tubular pockets better and the pockets that are on the main bag
Really both are good but I just like that a little better, easier to use and close on the bag better
The fulcrum pockets have a gap when you close them to the bag unless you wrap straps around them
Anyway these are just my thoughts
I have had the fulcrum and two EMR IIs plus the nomad II which is a fulcrum without the main bag I just like EMR II better but you can’t go wrong if you change
Take care

OP
H

hadda

FNG
The main bag on each are about the same fulcrum could be a bit larger but not sure, so I’ll call those equal…the EMR II does have pals webbing so you can attach pouches but the fulcrum has it on top on the fold over so you can run it without a lid.
So equal…
So the main difference for me is I like the tubular pockets better and the pockets that are on the main bag
Really both are good but I just like that a little better, easier to use and close on the bag better
The fulcrum pockets have a gap when you close them to the bag unless you wrap straps around them
Anyway these are just my thoughts
I have had the fulcrum and two EMR IIs plus the nomad II which is a fulcrum without the main bag I just like EMR II better but you can’t go wrong if you change
Take care
Yes definitely no wrong choice here. Thanks for the input