Exo K4 2200

JSol

FNG
Guys, I just wanted to throw a shout out to Exo. I just ordered a K4 2200 and it shipped out the next day to arrive before my hunt. After ordering it the night before, I called in the next morning to confirm my size selections and intended use. Jake was very helpful and I ordered a blaze orange lid to complete the system. Sad to say, the blaze orange lid did not ship with the back but a ranger green which matched my pack arrived instead. The blaze orange lid arrived two days later after I had left for my hunt, so now I have an additional lid. The pack fits and performs as well as I had expected and I do not see how any other pack could outperform this. I just did 10 miles/day for the last 5 days hunting in Western Colorado and this pack exceeded expectations. Buy it and don’t look back. The 2200 is a day pack and is good for rifle, tripod, mid, out, puffly, and rain layers. Maybe a toaks/MSR pocket rocket stove combo and first aid kit before you are maxed out. I got two hip pockets and couldn’t survive without them. This is the perfect day pack but don’t consider it if you are thinking of any type of shelter or sleeping system to pack out. Highly recommended for features, fit, and comfort.

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
Did you find the pack easy to set up? Any adjustment you decide to do after the hunt with different stays or anything?

DeePow

FNG
Did you find the pack easy to set up? Any adjustment you decide to do after the hunt with different stays or anything?
Exceptionally easy to set up but it has taken a few trips for me to figure out the ideal layout. With the 5000 I immediately figured out the best way to pack with camp on my pack yet the 2200 requires each piece to be placed in an exact position for maximum capacity.

Initially I placed my Jet Boil Stash and med kit in the side pouch but that shifted the structure a bit. Playing around with it a bit was easy enough and everything is sorted out

Everything is easy to adjust and dial in on k4, from micro adjustments on the frame for fit, to swapping out bags, to loading meat, etc.

One of the things I really appreciate about the k4 is how everything is so intuitive on it. EXO has always had that going, but every generation has become a little more intuitive

Of course no pack system will be best for every person or every use, but I have had a bunch of packs the past few years and since getting and using the k4, I haven’t considered what pack I’ll try next… probably their next generation, but for now, I’m not interested or curious about trying anything else

The 2200 is a great day hunting bag, as is the 3600 without a lid, but I prefer the organization of the 2200 for most day hunting, but swap back and forth

This spring bear season I will have my daughter with me often, and my wife, so I’ll probably use the 3600 to carry their gear in addition to mine… my trip to the opposite corner of the state for turkey in a few weeks, same, because I want the option to carry camp with me depending on where I find birds

September chasing roosies, my 2200 will be on the whole month

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the input. I am strongly considering the 5000 without a lid as my late season elk hunting pack. Have wondered if I can get by with a 3600 with a lid but we will see.

smacha538

Lil-Rokslider
Used this exact pack on my elk hunt last year. We were making day trips from the truck. I was able to fit kill kit, med kit, bag/pad/tarp, food, water, and a few other odds and ends. Was super comfortable and I enjoyed wearing it. Mine is set up with the nalgene folder and 1 hip pouch.

House21

FNG
As anyone tried strapping a head to the pack without a lid? I’m thinking about a 2200 but wondering if it’s better to step up to the 3600 with the lid to help securing heads for packouts

prm

WKR
Depending on how other pack evaluations go, I am considering the 2200. I too was thinking about how to strap a head on. While the lid is an option, the 2200 already has one built in. One of my gripes with the 3600 is how many straps there are covering zippers when lightly loaded for day hunts. Perhaps just have some straps to use if necessary?