Factory ammo hunt for Weatherby 300 win mag.. and MORE questions..

Hey folks, continuing my prep for my Montana Elk hunt in October.

My rifle is the Weatherby MK V Hunter in .300 win mag. Weatherby recommends the ammo below based on their accuracy testing, but I’m wondering if anyone has any additional advice on what to get.

I have some of the Barnes 165gr ttsx coming, (and also some 180gr.)The Federal/Nosler AB load seems to be discontinued.
d357a49db57e07db21dc79c652e21698.jpg

I had planned on developing my own load for the trip and have 180/200gr accubond and partitions on hand, however I still consider myself to be a novice reloader, and want to have a viable factory option. I’m quickly running out of time!

The rifle has a 3-10 nightforce SHV on it. I will also be bringing a Backup Rifle (fits in the truck, why not) to keep at the cabin or camp, which is my Winchester model 70 in .308.

Both rifles use my Silencerco Harvester Evo which Leads Me to ANOTHER question!

I purchased a Rapid Rifle Cover and forgot to account for the silencer, and it appears that they don’t make one that accommodates a can anyways. I very much prefer shooting the rifle with a can, especially when hunting. Do I keep the can in my pack until I’m in a spot to sit? POI shift shouldn’t be too bad to miss an Elk at a distance that I’d be taking a “fast” shot (no time to put on silencer?)

Thoughts? Am I over thinking it?

I purchased the Slik Sling to use to carry the rifle. Unless there’s bad weather, I may not even need the cover?

Thanks for all of the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're over thinking it. Any of the ammo choices you have posted will work fine killing an elk. If one of em shoots ok in your rifle, proceed beyond wasting your time to see which one groups a quarter inch tighter and work on things that will actually help you be successful.