Fast Eddie XL or Fast Eddie?

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Guys,

Getting a VXR 28” set up now. I was set on the XL but my pro shop guy(who is generally really good)is pushing me to the regular Fast Eddie for simplicity and security of mount vs the dovetail. These have both been out for a few years, which way should I go? I’m leaning towards a 3 pin set up @ 30/40/50 then dial(moving to WY in a few weeks so will be mostly elk/speed goats/muley hunting). Any real world experience or advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I use fixed on my hunting equipment and dovetail when I shoot tournaments. The further out the sight is the finer adjustments you can make. I also shoot a bigger peep on my hunting bow and smaller peep on my target set up. It’s all personal preference

HIBigBoar

FNG
You going to run a quiver on the bow? I just put a fast Eddie xl 3 pin on a 31.5 and I have issues with the quiver(tight spot) mounting with the wheel for the dovetail. Going to sell the tight spot and try to get a Mathews quiver.

Both are good sights IMO. The XL is heavier.

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I plan on running a quiver, and was planning on the tight spot.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the 31.5 with the fast Eddie XL and a tight spot quiver. As posted earlier, for the tight spot quiver

HIBigBoar

FNG
Yes I plan on running a quiver, and was planning on the tight spot.

For the XL You will loose the ability for the quick wheel even with the offset bracket, For the tight spot. Guy at the shop said the could grind the mount to make way to access it.

I have a regular fast eddie, 5 pin slider, on my 31.5. Swapped over from a Tommy hog to drop some weight. I love it. I didn’t go with the XL because I prefer to keep weight low if it doesn’t affect function. Something to keep in mind, with the XL you will probably have to remove sight to travel with it in case, might be a + or -.
Also, tight spot makes a bracket to get clearance for sights where the dial interferes with mounting.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I am unable to use the dovetail adjustment knob with The fast Eddie XL, but the included setscrew with an Allen wrench works just fine. I am going to try the Mathews quiver because it seems like a more integrated set up.

As far as fast Eddie versus XL, it’s all a matter of personal preference. Both are solid.

BFL

FNG
Whichever way you go, check out the fast Eddie trifecta on you tube. Pretty interesting stuff

n8saki

FNG
Standard, I have both and my groups are tighter with the standard. Closer to the riser. I now run the XL on my 3D bow at the same distance as the non Fast Eddie