Feathered friends vs others

For next winter I seriously need to upgrade my sleep system and was considering the following :

FF SNOWBUNTING , 0*, 2lbs 13 oz, $599

MH PHANTOM TORCH, 3*, 2lbs 11 oz, $600

WM KODIAK mf, 0*, 2lbs 12 oz, $675

Let's assume the weight differences are a wash, as they are for me. I know WM is the cream of the crop, from what others have said. I dont know much about the others. Is FF better than MH (Quality and durability wise) and is WM truly $75 better than the other two?

Just want some opinions. Was thinking about stopping by FF this fall when I am passing through Seattle.

Thanks

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

I have a FF bag that's over 20yrs old, I don't think youll have a duarability or quality issue with either.
You could also look into Nunatak as well. They will do custom work

OP
S
I have a FF bag that's over 20yrs old, I don't think youll have a duarability or quality issue with either.
You could also look into Nunatak as well. They will do custom work
Would you say FF bags are true to rating?

Just an observation but FF seems to offer more fill weight than comparatively rated WM models and they have a reputation for conservative ratings.

epicaaron

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used any of FF lighter bags (so take this with a grain of salt), but in the mountaineering world their cold weather gear is considered top notch, and certainly a step above MH. Their high altitude bags and parkas are considered true to rating and tend to be warmer than many competitors. I took a friends 20ish year old FF bag up Denali this spring and was too hot most nights. My two partners used their bags, parkas, and booties and were very pleased. I doubt that you will go wrong with one of their bags.

I love my western mountaineering, but I've only had it one season so I can't speak to long term durability. It is very warm though.

I think back then it was, I get cold easy and its always kept me warm. I'm sure its lost some of it loft/warmth over the time but I still pull it out every now and again and havnt had any issues