First Lite Flashstorm

tak

WKR
Anyone get their hands on one?

Interested in how this would work as a wind shirt, compared to say a kifaru wind river. I've never used a wind shirt specifically, but I think I need one to add to my active layer (Patagonia nano air lt or Sitka arrowhead).

The flashstorm would be worth the extra 2 oz if it is indeed somewhat water proof. On the other hand, my gut tells me not to rely on it for any kind of real rain, so if rain is expected, I'd pack my kuiu rain gear anyway. In that case, maybe the kifaru would be the best actual wind blocker.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
I saw the price and that was enough for me.

Yea, if it's just a thin nylon layer, it's ridiculous. Kind of another reason I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a hold of one

CB4

WKR
Looks like it would be very similar to the wind river. I know there was a thread on that and there are other none hunting companies that all make the same thing for around $100. This would have to be 40% off to even compare with those.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
Looks like it would be very similar to the wind river. I know there was a thread on that and there are other none hunting companies that all make the same thing for around $100. This would have to be 40% off to even compare with those.

yes, @mtwarden did a great review and thread on the wind river. He mentioned it could benefit from adding DWR, which is why this comparison came to mind when I saw the flashstorm released.