First Supressor Ordered - Harverster Evo

270quest

WKR
Just placed my order and started the process on a Harvester Evo...This will go on my Tikka 22 creed. Based on the lenght and weight of the suppressor, Probably going to cut the barrel to 18". I had wanted to run 20" barrel, but with the 6.25" can, Id like to stay a little more compact. This will be my first, so anxious to see how it plays out. Seems overall the Harvester does a pretty good job with sound suppression. Imagine on a smaller round like the 22 creed should keep it pretty quiet. My hope is to have it by late spring/summer so I can shoot it this summer and see how it does before the fall.

matthewmt

WKR
I've been really happy with mine for the money, size and ability to swap bases to accommodate what will be hosting the EVO.
I've put mine on a 300wm, 308, 6.5 cm and a 5.56 AR. Sound suppression has been good IMO but recoil mitigation has been nice.

Looking to buy a 2nd one shortly. Bought my first evo around this same time and got it beginning of Aug. Hoping wait times are getting better though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
Welcome to the suppressor club. I had 4 on order before the first ones were approved. I think I spent more money during the waiting period building new guns and modifying old ones to work suppressed than I have in a long time. It's a sick game.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Just following up on this thread…anyone else using one that has any feedback on sound suppression? Curious how much I can expect it to tame my 22 creedmoor

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t speak from a lot of experience with suppressors but I do have a Harvester Evo that I received this past summer and I have been very happy with it. I shoot .223, .243, and .308 out of it and it has greatly increased my enjoyment of shooting. I would say it has rekindled my love of shooting and reloading. I have barrels threaded 1/2” and 5/8” and the direct thread for those two sizes has been very nice. I’ll will be buying another suppressor in the coming weeks, trying to decide if I want to get another Harvester or spend the extra money for the Scythe Ti. Because it’s a little time investment I will likely buy the Scythe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
Just following up on this thread…anyone else using one that has any feedback on sound suppression? Curious how much I can expect it to tame my 22 creedmoor
I was shooting a suppressed 22 creed last week running a TBAC ultra 7. To my ear it is about as loud as a supersonic .22lr

I can’t speak from a lot of experience with suppressors but I do have a Harvester Evo that I received this past summer and I have been very happy with it. I shoot .223, .243, and .308 out of it and it has greatly increased my enjoyment of shooting. I would say it has rekindled my love of shooting and reloading. I have barrels threaded 1/2” and 5/8” and the direct thread for those two sizes has been very nice. I’ll will be buying another suppressor in the coming weeks, trying to decide if I want to get another Harvester or spend the extra money for the Scythe Ti. Because it’s a little time investment I will likely buy the Scythe.

The scythe is a nice upgrade

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 44

gman82001

WKR
Shot my evo again today for maybe the 3rd time I really really like it. Very minimal but repeatable shift poi and my Christensen MPR likes it much better than my oss 7.62 ti can. I’m considering getting another just so I can leave this on the mpr.

The front of my evo is sealed
Its weird, it looks sealed from the pictures I found, but I saw SiCo front caps listed as fitting the Harvester EVO. Its not much of an improvement on cans I've sized the end cap to match what I was shooting, but worth it if you shoot a sub caliber most of the time. Anyway, its a moot point here, glad the can is working out for you so far.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Seriously considering a scythe ti or a harvester evo. I've been around a harvester evo a bit and I think they sound fine.

for someone buying there first suppressor in a month would the evo be fine or should I pony up and get the scythe because it’s that much better. This will be the only center fire rifle suppressor I plan on buying.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I’d suggest to buy the best one you can afford knowing it’s a lifetime investment. Also know this will not be your only suppressor, just your first one. Trust me, I thought I was going to be one and done and everyone that has one laughed at me. Now I’m looking at my second one a year later.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
The scythe is a nice upgrade

Can you give me a true real world weight of the Scythe. My Harvester weighs 14oz with the 1/2-24 end cap.
4d29aacd52f9836651c29a9c1bd5e105.jpg

for someone buying there first suppressor in a month would the evo be fine or should I pony up and get the scythe because it’s that much better. This will be the only center fire rifle suppressor I plan on buying.

Can you give me a true real world weight of the Scythe. My Harvester weighs 14oz with the 1/2-24 end cap.
4d29aacd52f9836651c29a9c1bd5e105.jpg

I’ll have to go by my dealer and weigh it

Lawnboi

WKR
Titanium suppressors are easily cleaned one day, when it has ounce of carbon in it. Steel cans not so much. Really dependent on how much you shoot and how much extra weight you’re willing to deal with.

JLM

FNG
For a little more $ than the Evo I think I’d much rather have a Diligent Enticer STi. Lighter and probably quieter.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not my first can but I ordered the scythe. Seems like it’s been reviewed enough at this point that it’s a safe bet. I’m also excited to get something a bit different than what I have already.