Fishing destination ideas-HELP WANTED

Donjuan

WKR
If you want a fish of a thousand casts, a steelhead camping trip with Todd Harris on the Deschutes in Oregon is up your alley

firebird

FNG
You mentioned, paddling,camping, and Canada. So I’d mention the Sutton river. Flows into Hudson Ba through the polar bear provincial park. It’s a floatplane in, fish and paddle then get picked up at Hudson Bay.

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
I see a few people mentioning SE. If you are seriously interested about SE you can PM me and I can give you all the details. I've been fishing it for 15 years and guiding for the past 8 years. The lodge I work at is fully booked so I'm not trying to catch your business but I saw a few posts regarding SE that in my opinion was not the best advice.

UncleBone

WKR
I would personally love to go to Hawaii to fish for Marlin. Can't imagine catching a 4 to 600 lb fish! I think you can charter a boat for around 2k a day or so.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Is this going to be a fishing first type trip, where you are up early and fishing the entire time, or will it be more of a do some fishing while drinking beer and BSing?

Voyageurs National park in northern MN is pretty great.

I would personally love to go to Hawaii to fish for Marlin. Can't imagine catching a 4 to 600 lb fish! I think you can charter a boat for around 2k a day or so.
Don’t go to Hawaii for that, unless you’re already there for another reason.

Fatcamp

WKR
I was talking to my cousin today about Venice, LA. He lives an hour away and is a big fan.

Instead of Boundry Waters, you can go a little further northwest in MN to Voyagers Nat'l Park and rent a houseboat for a week or weekend. I've always thought that would be a fun bachelor party.

cdf64a8915f7035351e54d15287560517375aad4_20.jpg
Downside would be if everyone flies into Minneapolis its then a 5 hour drive up to the Northern Border but BWCA would be the same.

Last edited:
PEI, hand feed thousand pounders on stand up gear. There is some great tuna fishing in MA that time of year if weather cooperates

saw a six pack trip out of SD mentioned. would highly recommend that. later the summer the better. It really can be a downright amazing trip and a lot of time its not huge boat ride to get there. Tons of accommodations in SD and you can usually fly there fairly inexpensively.

Don’t go to Hawaii for that, unless you’re already there for another reason.
totally agree. I fish a lot, and go on some pretty nice trips. I wont even pay for a fishing trip when I am in hawaii. You end up paying a ton of money to go on long trolling boat rides most of the time and maybe get a fish that you dont even get to keep and eat. It is the most over rated fishery on the planet. sure there is a big fish caught now and then but for the most part the entire fleet of outfitters over there just troll around with greatly oversized gear and ehh. It just isnt fun and for the most part its a huge tourist trap. I would go out of San Diego or Mexico 1000 times before I would charter a boat out of Hawaii.