Five Pin Sight Suggestions for Hoyt RX-7

Southfork

FNG
Looking to put a new five pin sight on my new RX-7 Ultra. I currently have my Trophy Ridge React Pro on it. I’ve enjoyed this sight, and love the simplicity of it, but after five years, the pins aren’t very bright, and I’d like to try something else. I have a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL on another bow I could rob, but it weighs over a pound and was hoping to get something a little lighter as this will be my elk setup. I would also like to take advantage of the in line Picatinny rail system. I am leaning towards Black Gold, maybe the Pro Hunter HD. For those running a similar setup, do you have any recommendations as far as a specific model, and what you liked or didn’t like about it? Thanks for any input or suggestions.

bruno747

FNG
If you give up the picatinny rail requirement, IQ Micro 5 sight.

I like having a larger peep to be able to see more, which induces the possibility of error as you cant use the housing as precisely, but with the retina feature on this site setup correctly, I am able to keep shots in the vitals on a whitetail 3d target at 70 yards. That's with pins at 20,40,50,60,70 and using the bubble in the level at 80 (which is surprisingly accurate). Groups at 70 at the start of the day are about 4.5" but once I shoot the whole course we have setup, they get larger as I get sloppy.

The only thing I wish the sight had is the smaller 010 pins vs the 019 pins.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to the black gold ascent mountain lite 3 pin slider with the dual index on a picatinny mount for my RX7 Ultra (had used the same sight on my RX4 Ultra as well)…I used to have a 5 pin years ago, but I found the sight picture too cluttered and trying to remember which pin in the moment was a more of a hinderance than a benefit. The slider also allows long range practice out to 110 yards. The pins on the black gold are super bright, brighter than my dual pin spot hogg fast eddie.

MBG does make 5 pin versions if you are wanting to stay with a 5 pin setup.

OP
Southfork

Southfork

FNG
Thanks for the input guys. I ended up ordering a Black Gold Pro Hunter HD quick link. I decided to keep running five pins for now since that’s what I’m used to. I’d like to play around with some different peep sizes and pin sizes, but will probably wait until after elk season. Plan to keep this bow for while, so I’ll probably try some different setups with it starting next year. Appreciate the input!

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. I ended up ordering a Black Gold Pro Hunter HD quick link. I decided to keep running five pins for now since that’s what I’m used to. I’d like to play around with some different peep sizes and pin sizes, but will probably wait until after elk season. Plan to keep this bow for while, so I’ll probably try some different setups with it starting next year. Appreciate the input!
Awesome! I think you’ll be pleased with the brightness of the pins and overall quality of the sight. It seems like such a minor thing, but moving the sight out in line with the riser and especially on that RX7, just feels better.

Curious-Where are you elk hunting this year? Best of luck to you!