FNG from Missouri moving to Montana

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking a bit and I just joined. I have been listening to Gritty Bowmen podcasts alot and I really enjoy the information from Aaron, and the content of this amazing forum, so here I am.

I just turned 50 and I'm lucky to be retiring and moving to Montana in a month. I can't wait to get back to big game hunting at all levels. I have been on 22 elk hunts, but work has dominated the past 7-10 years so I have only gotten to go once in those years.

I'm kinda jumping in with both feet this year moving to Montana. I will be applying for tags in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming. I already have five group hunts planned. I love to bow hunt and my son is 6, so I'm looking forward to spending time in the backcounty with that little guy too.

Right now I'm focused on getting back in great shape to bivy backpack hunt.

I have killed a couple 280+ elk and lots of P & Y whitetail back here in Missouri. I really just enjoy being out there in the mix adn making memories. I'm looking forward to honing and refreshing my elk hunting skills this year. I'm just glad to be back out there. I love this stuff.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, Welcome to you. With that kind of hunting resume, sounds like it'll be an easy transition coming back. Good to have you and enjoy MT- one of the best states for a hunter for sure.

WOODY05

FNG
Sounds like one hell of a retirement plan. Welcome! I have a young son as well that I cannot wait to make many outdoor memories with. He is only two though so most of those memories will have to wait