FNG from MT

sully_km

FNG
Hey y'all, I'm a pretty new hunter living in SW Montana. Two years ago I had beginner's luck and punched my tag on a muley doe during archery season, and this past hunting season humbled me big time. 40 days spent in the field between archery and rifle season hunting general elk and deer as well as upland bird, managed to finish the season with one grouse in the bag. Here to learn more and better prepare for next season.

Hey y'all, I'm a pretty new hunter living in SW Montana. Two years ago I had beginner's luck and punched my tag on a muley doe during archery season, and this past hunting season humbled me big time. 40 days spent in the field between archery and rifle season hunting general elk and deer as well as upland bird, managed to finish the season with one grouse in the bag. Here to learn more and better prepare for next season.
Also, hunting SW Montana, and also still learning. Welcome.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new MT member.

Eddie

Don't count failure this season in SW Montana from ignorance. I have 61 years experience and had the same success as you. Given nearly 30 days in the field on foot and horseback and I only heard 5 shots and saw no blood trails or drag marks. It only shows how dependant we are on weather for success.

AngleAway

FNG
We all have seasons like that. Builds character! 😅 But seriously, don’t give up. It’s all an adventure and everything is a learning experience!