From Florida to CO (Castle Rock)

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I volunteer with the Castle Rock chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and extend an invite to you for the annual banquet which will be on May 4th. Perhaps you can meet some local people there as well! Basic info will be at RMEF.org and go to Get Involved/Events/Colorado then to Castle Rock Chapter. There's also a Hunting and Fishing Expo in early April at the Gaylord Rockies Rockies Resort and Convention Center which should be a great outdoor show. Welcome to Colorado!
Looking this up now thank you!

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I live 10 minutes from there. It’s definitely the best archery course within 45 minutes of castle rock. It’s a nice course with fun shots. There’s also some big bulls on there during the winter
Thanks so much! That is good to know. I went to the sight in range and just became a member. Would love to go shoot with anyone else who is a member.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I'm in Parker, right down the road. Been here 12 years. Castle Rock is great, good access to a lot of adventures. If you thought Waterton was busy, cruise down to the Deckers area on a weekend between April and October.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Seems like lots of guys around here on rokslide. I went in October and was shocked. Couldn’t find a good spot hardly to fly fish with my 3 year old 😂. Beautiful still I’m really enjoying this area!

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Fellow local Denverites

See below thread of interested. Looking to do an optics comparison in near future and always love the help and other unbiased eyes.

Very exciting! Just replied and followed thread about joining. Would be a great time!

Tahoe1305

WKR
I live 10 minutes from there. It’s definitely the best archery course within 45 minutes of castle rock. It’s a nice course with fun shots. There’s also some big bulls on there during the winter
Better than the academy course? That’s awesome. I’ll have to check it out too.

Academy courses are best I’ve ever seen.

Stalker69

WKR
Gaylord Rockies Rockies Resort and Convention Center. Now, if there was ever a need to change the name of something, this would be one.

cooperjd

WKR
the HR course is awesome. You'll have to go to the rec center and buy an annual pass if you want to go a lot. worth it if you're going to use it. I forget now how many targets are out there, and i think its a little over a mile, you can shoot past 100 on some targets. 90 on the moose is as far as i ever ventured. I miss that course! Nothing like that anywhere near me now in the lowcountry of charleston sc.

parshal

WKR
Moved from Georgia to Parker in '98 and to Elizabeth last year. My wife lived in Castle Rock for ten years.

Check out Ben Lomond Gun Club for ranges to 600 yards.

atmat

WKR
Hey Denver folks, my family is moving to Evergreen in May. Would love to meet and fish or shoot with some of y’all.