Garmin watch experience

TSAMP

WKR
Coming from a guy with a Vivoactive, trying to see if a new instinct or Fenix is my cup of tea. Reading the above i see there are benefits of upgrading to Fenix. I already have nearly every feature I need. HR, Elevation, Trackback. The main thing I want is the ability to pair to an alpha system for my dog, which I think either would do, and improved batt life. I'm charging every 2 days right now.

Is the solar option worth the spend on either one?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if the altimeter is different on the 7 vs Instinct? I have to continually manually change mine as it gets way out of whack- sometimes a 1000’. Also you can’t leave it on the altimeter when you’re trying to stay at a certain elevation, it times out quickly and goes back to the time :(

Backyard

WKR
Does anyone know if the altimeter is different on the 7 vs Instinct? I have to continually manually change mine as it gets way out of whack- sometimes a 1000’. Also you can’t leave it on the altimeter when you’re trying to stay at a certain elevation, it times out quickly and goes back to the time :(

I know that you can customize the watch face, and add the altimeter to the “time” face. On the bottom for instance. It won’t timeout then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSAMP

WKR
I know that you can customize the watch face, and add the altimeter to the “time” face. On the bottom for instance. It won’t timeout then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have that. It doesn't constantly update though. Only if I get my location via GPS. If I'm tracking an activity it is no longer viewable. This is on a vivooactive anyway

wildcat33

WKR
I have a forerunner 935. It’s fine and does lots of things I don’t use. I wouldn’t buy another smartwatch it’s a waste of money. They are expensive new and worth zero 3yrs later.