Get yer checkbooks....

TxLite

WKR
Even that fishing trip is wildly overpriced.

I have a picture of our group in front of that same sign in 2015 and 2016. We spent about $700 a person by the time it was all said and done with beer and tips, including room & board at the marina. Called our outfitter this year to get a trip booked and costs went up to roughly $850-900 a person. $6,000 a person is absolutely nuts.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR

I have a picture of our group in front of that same sign in 2015 and 2016. We spent about $700 a person by the time it was all said and done with beer and tips, including room & board at the marina. Called our outfitter this year to get a trip booked and costs went up to roughly $850-900 a person. $6,000 a person is absolutely nuts.

Yeah..but think of the conversations you’ll have…the life-long relationships you’ll build…the free swag…the picture you’ll post to social media and everyone will comment “you got ripped off”….I mean, what’s THAT worth???

dtrkyman

WKR
I thought you all were mad about them pimping public lands?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
I thought you all were mad about them pimping public lands?

That cow isn’t even blowing powder out her tits anymore.

Plus, people only need so much gear, even the dyed in the wool quiver sniffers. Exclusive leases and guided hunts are a subscription model. That’s where the real money is at.

You say Tomato, I say Capitalism. Just think $5k gross profit x 40 x 3 sessions
I'd whore my guys out for that, It just says crew, maybe you'll see Cal there and a few C grade crew members.
This will lay the foundation for the $100k four on one moose hunts, or the $75k eight on one Elk hunts. You might even get a meat eater Weatherby Vanguard and pair of diamond backs with those hunts. Scratch that, "experiences"

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
You say Tomato, I say Capitalism. Just think $5k gross profit x 40 x 3 sessions
I'd whore my guys out for that, It just says crew, maybe you'll see Cal there and a few C grade crew members.
This will lay the foundation for the $100k four on one moose hunts, or the $75k eight on one Elk hunts. You might even get a meat eater Weatherby Vanguard and pair of diamond backs with those hunts.
the “crew” will have to grow…

I remember when meateater first started and Rinella would be snarky about outfitted hunts, private land hunting and whitetail hunting... Now he's using outfitters, hunting private and hunting whitetail on his show. He seemed to be anti pretty much anything that wasn't wilderness back country style public land western hunting...i still like to think he has hunters best interests at heart, just trying to make a buck, but it's gotten unbearably cringey. They're like a televangelist / QVC hunting show now.

I'll know he's really full of sh*t if he starts hunting high fences after all the crap they've talked about it.